Hide
6 Posts

Specter Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunters Cornering Agent rule clarification. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Takumi Taiki
msg tools
I was playing a game, and the Agent got stuck in a corner. The agent could not move back or forward or side to side or even diagonal. is the game over? The Agent got stuck on "D32" and the hunter was blocking him at "D31". is there anyway for the Agent to get out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you also blocked on C31 nd E31? You could have escaped diagonally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takumi Taiki
msg tools
no, i was on D32 and the hunter blocked me at D31

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you could have escaped to either C31 or E31, like Bartosz said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McGillivray
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
tarrkid wrote:

I came to ask about a very similar situations. There are a number of spots on the board where an agent could get pinned by two or three hunters. As just one example, an agent on Q32 and hunters on Q31 and R32.

Since the rules clearly state that an agent can’t move through a hunter, what’s the recourse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcgillivray wrote:
tarrkid wrote:

I came to ask about a very similar situations. There are a number of spots on the board where an agent could get pinned by two or three hunters. As just one example, an agent on Q32 and hunters on Q31 and R32.

Since the rules clearly state that an agent can’t move through a hunter, what’s the recourse?

Agents can definitely be pinned by two or three hunters, depending on their location. And in that case, they're just stuck. The game would be over.

Best not to duck into such a corner if enough hunters are close enough to pin you down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.