Subject: Facing after attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any specific rule prohibiting successful attacking unit to change its facing at the end of its attack?
Is there any difference if there is still any defender?

Rules say that attack is kind of movement and you can change facing at the and of any move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't have the rulebook handy, but you can't change your facing after all types of movement... if my memory serves, you can change your facing only after a MARCH movement (and perhaps WITHDRAW?).

After resolving combat for an ATTACK movement, I'm pretty sure you have to maintain your facing. When I get hold of my rulebook, I'll provide the reference for you. (Or correct what I'm writing now!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In rulebook is a statement in general movement section 10 that is core for all movement type that: "You choose a block's front and rear at the end of its move." Nothing about march.
That's why I'm asking is there anything that cancel this rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Palladinus wrote:
Is there any specific rule prohibiting successful attacking unit to change its facing at the end of its attack?

A block's front in an attack is determined by the direction of attack:

"7. Push your attacking blocks the rest of the way forward to the positions they are attacking. The attacking blocks must be fronted so that their rear area is the last area they crossed."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
Palladinus wrote:

"7. Push your attacking blocks the rest of the way forward to the positions they are attacking. The attacking blocks must be fronted so that their rear area is the last area they crossed."

Maybe it's the English language properties but in my opinion it's not ruling out the statement that you can choose facing at the end of any move, right? This point mention above is during attack procedure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Palladinus wrote:
bowen wrote:
Palladinus wrote:

Maybe it's the English language properties but in my opinion it's not ruling out the statement that you can choose facing at the end of any move, right? This point mention above is during attack procedure.

I designed the game. Consider it an authoritative answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
Palladinus wrote:
bowen wrote:
Palladinus wrote:

I designed the game. Consider it an authoritative answer.

Great, thanks for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.