Popular Tags: [View All]
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're about to start the Skinwalkers chapter, and I want to be sure that I understand how Enhanced cards are added to the box.

When the Enhanced cards are added to the box, are the base versions swapped out? Or are both versions now available?

(The rules don't address this, which means both versions are probably available. Just thought I'd check.)

What's odd is that the Enhanced version of Switchblade is identical to the original (art, name, flavor text, etc.), except that its higher Rage test makes it more difficult to obtain (16 Rage instead of 13 Rage).* To me, that means the "Enhanced" version is worse, not better. (Edit: This is wrong and crazy. See below.)

Anyway, if the intent is to have *more* Switchblade cards available, it makes sense that they would all be included. But I can also see the case for swapping them out.

*And the Enhanced version is a Skinwalker gift, and the original isn't - if that matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you just add all of the Skinwalker cards without removing any base set cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easier to find switchblades when skinwalkers are on the move, but harder to get them

Also it has skinwalker trait, not sure if that has any play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The enhanced Switchblade also only discards itself as a cost for its main power, instead of sacrificing, which is a pretty big change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaffa wrote:
The enhanced Switchblade also only discards itself as a cost for its main power, instead of sacrificing, which is a pretty big change.

Oh, good call. Totally missed that. Sorry!

Worse, I missed the fact that the Enhanced version can affect other people at your location. The original only affects yourself.

So, in summary, everything that I said was wrong. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.