Subject: Trained Workers - Hellp, playing a game soon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
We're about to go to a friends house and I was tasked with learning the rules. My question is:

When and why do you train workers. Is it on a visitor card or for some extra ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You start the game with only 3 workers. Training a worker mean you add another worker to your work force. It's a winter action. You place a work at that location and pay 4 lira (3 if you get the bonus from the second spot) and the place a workbfrom your supply next to the worker on the board. Starting with the following year, you now have one additional worker to use each year. You can only use that action 3 times during the game for a total of 6 workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
You start the game with only 3 workers. Training a worker mean you add another worker to your work force. It's a winter action. You place a work at that location and pay 4 lira (3 if you get the bonus from the second spot) and the place a workbfrom your supply next to the worker on the board. Starting with the following year, you now have one additional worker to use each year. You can only use that action 3 times during the game for a total of 6 workers.

Perfect! that's what I figured out when I finally got back and reread the mama and papa part. That's what told me how many workers you start with. But in the train worker section it wasn't very clear. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two other things to note:
1. You can only ever have one Grande worker
2. It is possible to have 7 workers in a given year if you take the bonus worker start position. But that bonus worker is an itinerant and only stays for the year. Think WOOFA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOFA???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what came up on google first:

http://pacman.wikia.com/wiki/Woofa

But he probably means this: http://www.wwoof.com.au/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.