Dariusz Kaminski
Poland
Szamotuły
flag msg tools
badge
"Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

are there any major rules changes in new edition.

I am looking for this game but still have my doubts.

For Those who already played:

How long does it usually take ? 1 - 1,5 hour or more ?

Is it fiddly game with all this small tokens and fighting tacks ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Vergendo
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No major changes, only minor changes and some fine tuning to some athlete's levels/abilities.
The game is basically the same.

First game is a little bit longer to understand how combat works but once you know the rules 4 player game is 70-90 mins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that the fighter' art, at least, has changed. Perhaps the parodies were too on the nose for CMON copyright concerns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ziomauri wrote:
No major changes, only minor changes and some fine tuning to some athlete's levels/abilities.
The game is basically the same.

First game is a little bit longer to understand how combat works but once you know the rules 4 player game is 70-90 mins.

In season 1 only one athelete is changed: Tyler Handsome (now Grimm) gives his dojo additional 1PP for participating in tournament.

In season 2 three athletes are changed:
- Van Damme (now Kastas) has additional 1Ki for start.
- Cat Mask (now Pancho) gets 2Ki instead of 1Ki when he trains
- The Widow (now Heidi) gets 3HOLD instead of 1HOLD when he activate his ability.

That's all the changes - nothing game breaking, just like publishers said. Also dummy fighters, adventures and equipment seems to be the same.

ps. despite new edition has amazing artwork on those fighters, I still soooo much prefer 1st edition mostly because it has some theme on those fighters instead of them being so generic with random stats/abilities. Mechanic wise they both are 98% the same.

Kamieniak wrote:
Hi

are there any major rules changes in new edition.

I am looking for this game but still have my doubts.

For Those who already played:

How long does it usually take ? 1 - 1,5 hour or more ?

Is it fiddly game with all this small tokens and fighting tacks ?

How long: for us it's much longer then what the box says. Like 2-3h - I know we are slow players, but still... :/

Is it fiddly - a bit, but I don't mind that at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.