Subject: First Three Games in the bag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh W
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally convinced the wife and a friend of mine to take the leap into learning a role for this game.

over the weekend we played three rounds

- Knight v Goblins v Dragon -

This was a slow start, played on easiest difficulty so that everyone could get a grasp of their roles. I was the knight, wife was the dragon, friend was the goblins. Knight had a slow start but ended up winning by obtaining a ton of grit in one turn and eventually killing the dragon just as they surfaced. The goblins spent too much time worrying about over population and couldn't ever really keep tribes on the board. The dragon seemed to have an easy time maneuvering around collecting sloth cubes and the only time they ran into issue was trying to surface.

- Goblins v Dragon v Cave -
This one felt like the dragon was too strong and the Cave was too limited. (with neither the Goblin or the Cave absolutely needing to turn over tiles, it was difficult for the cave to grow and was never close to collapsing) The ash dragon variant card didn't seem to allow the goblins enough time and the dragon could easily make them scatter before they would ever have a chance to do anything.

- Knight v Dragon v Cave -
This one was a little more balanced, and the person playing the knight was newer to the role and it took them a few turns to get the rhythm down.The goblin variant card was overplayed and the knight was constantly getting ambushed in the beginning, allowing the dragon to just keep moving around and waking up easily. Still, the dragon seemed to be able to wake up fairly easily and adding walls and things were of no matter because the dragon could spend a wing card and just blow right through them. The cave grew better in this matchup, but still never had a chance to start collapsing.

Have yet to get this to the table with 4-5 people, but I have definitely enjoyed the play so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.