Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Good looking art is a huge plus (i mean like not Terraforming Mars kind of art).

When I got the Feast for Crows expansion for GoT I was really thrilled of the aspect that you draw objective and then follow it.

Same thing about Ticket to Ride and its tickets.

Lately had a blast with the minor but awesome changes of Five Tribes: Whims of the Sultan. It's an expansion to Five Tribes that gives you the opportunity to draw objectives and do them.

So I found out that I like the "What am I going to draw now?" aspect very very fun as long as it's not the sole of the game.

I am heading towards Takenoko because it's built on drawing hidden objectives (and is good looking), but I am open to suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lloyd
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

There are quite a few games that feature hidden objectives though not many, off the top of my head, like Ticket to Ride or Takenoko where most of the game is based around making points via the hidden objectives.

Some with hidden objectives as a part of the game include: Saloon Tycoon, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, and Nuns on the Run.

If you are looking for Co-op/semi co-op games with hidden objectives you may want to try: Dead of Winter or Battlestar Galactica (though only with a certain player count are there objectives).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Takenoko is a good choice for hidden objectives and a beautiful game.

Another game you might enjoy is Castles of Mad King Ludwig. If you want truly stunning art, then take a look at the Polish edition. The English edition is decent, but nothing compared to that one. At the beginning of the game players will have two secret objectives, but more can be acquired throughout the game. The left image is the English edition, right is Polish (I'm actually crying on the inside right now because I don't have the Polish version):

Another game all about hidden goals is Yedo. And the board isn't half bad either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alexandre Roche's art in Troyes is (IMO, not everybody agrees) wonderful and fits the medieval theme.
Troyes features hidden objectives with a twist: every player has a secret objective but at game's end, each player scores ALL player's objectives. This adds a nice deduction/bluff aspect to the gameplay.

edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love the Feast of Crows expansion for AGoT. It doesn't get enough love.

Some that haven't been mentioned:
Discworld: Ankh-Morpork
Suburbia
Mission Red Planet
Lords of Waterdeep
Clans
Sagrada
Crayon Rail games
Transamerica
Careers
Railways of the World
Strasbourg
Container
Tiki Topple
Lords of Xidit
Metropolys
The Voyages of Marco Polo
Masons
Alea Iacta Est
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Discworld: Ankh-Morpork, if you're looking for "sudden death" hidden objectives, like in Risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archipelago everyone has their own hidden objective and end game condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Frontiers: Factions is an expansion for Alien Frontiers which adds Agenda cards. Each player still has the same main objective -- area control of Planet Maxwell, which scores VP. But the agenda cards gives each player 2 secret agenda cards. Each card has 2 separate ways you can earn an additional VP, one which is in-game and one of which is end-game. You score one or the other (or, sigh, neither) but not both -- that is each card can get you max 1 VP extra.

You can claim your 1VP for your ingame agenda as soon as you have done whatever that is. You only claim the endgame VPs after the game ends, if those conditions are met.

So, not quite what you ordered, but possibly of interest for all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Middle-Earth Quest: An asymmetric game pitting a Sauron player against 1-3 hero players. Each side tries to complete one of five (faction-specific) objectives that is drawn at the beginning of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.