Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the advanced rules for eating food, is it possible for the survivors to immediately eat any food they find while scavenging, thus not requiring them to bring it back to the shelter?

I would presume not, but just wanted to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the wording of the advanced rules for eating, i'd say, that a character can eat something whilst scavenging (exceptions being fights and scripts), but the character still needs to eat again/increase hunger in the dusk phase of the following day.

From a thematic point of view it's also reasonable, that a character immetiately eats whatever he finds if he's hungry enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note then: can you also use anything in the Findings Pile to trade with while scavenging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as i know, yes you can.

nice idea though of eating food while scavenging, it could definitely help to bring down hunger while you cant carry everything back home anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lheureux
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According the the scripts FAQ you can eat anytime you want during your turn except when you are in combat or actively resolving a script. (Consider those moments un-interruptable actions) This would lighten your load to bring stuff back for sure and could help reduce some hunger. However-you would still be effected by the final phase of the turn which requires you to eat and drink and you would still adjust your character accordingly. However, it may save you from starving!

As far as using items yes, as soon as it's in your findings pile you can use items found. Weapons are helpful for this as are hacksaws or lockpicks if you are at the right location and happen to have a bartering opportunity. Also remember coffee and cigarettes are ALWAYS a great item to barter with your extra pennies as those fate cards will bust you UP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McGovern
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Personally, I say yes its fine, but I would return one exploration card to simulate the time taken to eat the food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Govy 66 wrote:
Personally, I say yes its fine, but I would return one exploration card to simulate the time taken to eat the food.

You're free to, but the rules certainly don't require that, it's quite explicit about the ability to eat anytime outside of those limited exceptions mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More Mellotron wrote:
Govy 66 wrote:
You're free to, but the rules certainly don't require that, it's quite explicit about the ability to eat anytime outside of those limited exceptions mentioned.
We can rationalize that the time to eat is offset by the renewed vigor from being less hungry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.