Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Somedays ago I've backed the EB Galaxy Defenders Standee, now I am paying more attention to what's included in this pledge and I'm on the fence because with 60$ I get a complete game, but with 100$ more I get (a lot) more scenarios, a bunch of new enemies (can I mix them in the game or are they expansion scenario dependent, do they have different abilities?) and a few items and cards. Are these expansions worth the +100$? Do they add significant gameplay changes or are only more of the same?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me, a definite yes. The extra content is very good value, and there really is a lot of fun that you don't want to miss out on. Plus, these games end up being hard to find. Trust those two crazy game makers and their tremendous passion for a cool game and go all-in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryce kartchner
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is only with Secrets of the Lost Tomb. I purchased the game at a brick and mortar game store. The base game was a complete game, and I very much enjoy it (as in just the base game content) to this day. I also picked up some of the extra expansions after I decided that I loved the game. The additional content makes the game richer.

If Secrets of the Lost Station is similar, the extra stuff should be fun and worthwhile, though you should be ok just picking up the base game.

Bryce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, just an educated guess based on SotLT and what we know of the current campaign; I'm in for everything so I'm bias but ...

I agree the core game is going to be a lot of value in and of itself. I feel like I'll want more if I can get it and some of SofLT extras are now hard (if not impossible) to get so I'm getting the extras I can now. I want the extra play time it will provide (even though again, I think the core will provide a lot). I think enemies will play a bit differently; not really sure if they are meant to mix into the base game (not sure why you couldn't house rule them, especially when fan scenarios/play ideas pop up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for all your support!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've decided to keep my pledge, please Everything Epic make everything epic.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Station Nuno!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zebro
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for everything. Just deciding if extra dice is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tazbro wrote:
I'm in for everything. Just deciding if extra dice is needed.

Probably not as you'll get 24 I think already (12 + 12 bonus). Now for SotLT, I'd say get more....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zebro
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Woof
msg tools
Thanks for the note about dice Russonc. Was wondering about it as well! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.