Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Blessing token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M

California
msg tools
Neshilim has the special Bless ability.
If he gives this to another hero who is then attacked by a guard, thus receiving 1 wound, does that hero take a fatigue token or not. I understand the fatigue token has no effect but my question is does that hero still get the fatigue token? Secondly, it appears the only way that Neshilim can use his special Bless ability again is if he reacquires this blessed token by landing on Special spoke and being within range 1 of the hero so he can regain it, that doesn't seem to make this a very useful special ability. Am I missing something on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting rulebok:

Quote:
"Blessing works in a following way: Give the blessing token to the blessed figure. Blessed figures are immune to any and all Special attacks, such as poison and double attack. Only one figure may have the blessing token at a time. If blessing is used while one figure already has the token, then they lose it and the token is put on the newly blessed figure."

As for the "reset", he can end up on Special spoke, however he can opt-out moving the bless token.

As for the fatigue tokens: he retains already gained ones, but those do not influence the hero as long as he has the blessing. The blessed hero does not get fatigue tokens due to attacks, however he can still receive some through his abilities and other effect not specified by the rulebook. They will start affecting the hero at the moment he loses the blessing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M

California
msg tools
According to the rule book you just quoted, it seems like Neshilim can redistribute the Bless token anytime he lands on the Special spoke even if he doesn't have it. If that's the case it's still not clear as to what range the other characters need to be to receive the Blessed token and for him to take the Bless token. These are questions that I don't see answers to. The wife and I are finding this a very challenging game to survive, LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
north00001 wrote:
According to the rule book you just quoted, it seems like Neshilim can redistribute the Bless token anytime he lands on the Special spoke even if he doesn't have it. If that's the case it's still not clear as to what range the other characters need to be to receive the Blessed token and for him to take the Bless token. These are questions that I don't see answers to. The wife and I are finding this a very challenging game to survive, LOL

Challenge is intended. But if you do prefer, there are several official means of making the yet more challenging... or less challenging.

Neshilim can give the blessing on anyone in his range, so only the recipient does have to be in range. If the previous blessed is farther away, he will still lose the blessing. There can be only one bless in power at any given time and the one who'll be blessed has to be in close enough to Neshilim for it to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.