Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If your action card is cancelled by a racial ability or another action card, such as Sabotage, can you play the same action card again, if you have a second copy of it?

Rule 2.6 states: "Multiple action cards with the same name cannot be played
during a single timing window to affect the same units or
game mechanic."; but does the first action card count as being played if it is cancelled?

Rule 2.14 states: "If a component action is canceled, it does not use that player’s action.";

This would suggest the first card is treated as if it was not played and a second copy of the same card could be played.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
In TI3, the answer was yes, as the canceled card was considered not to be played. Based on that second quote, I assume the same is true here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trásy Zsolt
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
In TI3, the answer was yes, as the canceled card was considered not to be played. Based on that second quote, I assume the same is true here.

I agree. But what if it wasn't a "play as an action" action card, with a specific timing? For exemple a reaction card to a dice roll? (I don't know, if there is one.)

My guess is, that the answer still stays the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say same thing. I think the quoted rule is just an emphasis that the card is treated just like it was never played at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if your Action Card is Sabotaged (or an equivalent), you treat it as thought it had never even been played. If it cost an action you still have the action, if it cost resources you still have the resources, etc. So if you want to play another one, even of the same name, you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.