Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Baddie Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit that I am a little disappointed with how easy it is to kite baddies around and defeat them via fatigue. Is anyone else finding this, or am I alone?

I think I need to stop playing with 1 gearloc, play with 3 or 4 and clog the board up, so that the choices become much tougher, and hiding places much harder to get to.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With 1 gearlock, you should only really be able to kite the very last baddie. When all four baddie columns are occupied you can't outrun them all. And you can't outrun ranged period. And for me, since that last baddie often has 'break', I think kiting is a necessary tactic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, in the solo game ... amend baddie movement rules to "baddie will always take central route to gearloc" or advance one column/row towards the gearloc.

The grid of the mat follows the logic of "taxicab geometry" as long as the bad guy doesn't move a row or column in the opposite direction all routes are considered equal... what I mean is that if I am in at position (4,4) think first quadrant of cartesian coordinate system with origin lower left... and the bad guy is at (2,4) and we are the only guys on the map... I can avoid this guy forever with only 2 dex. Just move up and down, and have him trail up and down.... as long as I have more HP I win the battle at this point and can roll for defense bones all I want...

But, if the baddie is always instructed to atleast advance one row or column towards the gearloc (if possible) then kiting ad nauseam becomes much harder.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
With 1 gearlock, you should only really be able to kite the very last baddie. When all four baddie columns are occupied you can't outrun them all. And you can't outrun ranged period. And for me, since that last baddie often has 'break', I think kiting is a necessary tactic.


I do agree with this statement...

but I just came across the "golden golem" encounter... it was me vs 1 5pt golem...

pretty easy win without much work.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
but I just came across the "golden golem" encounter... it was me vs 1 5pt golem...

pretty easy win without much work.

That's a good point. I've been playing 2 handed for a while and forgot about that scenario
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:

I think I need to stop playing with 1 gearloc, play with 3 or 4 and clog the board up, so that the choices become much tougher, and hiding places much harder to get to.


This.

You'll be amazed about how much richer the gameplay gets once you can have synergy between gearloc abilities and some nasty 20pt baddies on the mat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.