Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. We played once and won comfortably with two heroes. We got lucky on the roll to infect each round though - only about five or six infections for the whole game. Towards the end we were doing a lot of becoming delayed to remove rice though. Which part seems to be hardest? Finding cure ingredients? Too many infected ed cities/towns?

Our main issue with the scenario was that there was virtually no reason to level up and by equipment. It was sort of like pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel balik
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting,

I found it the easiest of all available scenarios. Maybe I was lucky on a draw everytime, but i won 2 out of 3 games without any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It can be tough especially if the Tamilir infection story card is drawn in addition to the ground zero story card, requiring 5 ingredients (2 player game). I've played it 4 times with a 50% succcess rate as a 2 player game.

My take is that I'm not sure of the optimum strategy. Things to try:

Strategy in 2 player might have one player being the taxi service and chief medic at various stages of the game, consider reducing number of dice rolled for infection by becoming delayed, always sending gold to the player who can make the best use of it and initially concentrating on items that give speed. All players need to adventure to try and draw cards with ingredients but some players might get to adventure less, especially in chapter 2.

There are a couple of adventure cards, and I might be playing this wrong, which allow you to cure a hex. The text for ground zero says it can't be quarantined unless you have the cure. But ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Donald

I'm finding in act 2 all I do is delay for both heros and to stop 2 adventure dice from rolling and then having only 2 actions to do anything , mostly taking a action to slow down the spread of the infection.

so no time to find ingredieents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
now 8 games in and still cant complete mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How often are you rolling to infect cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I roll after every move of the time counter, is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, so one roll of 2*(no. of characters) terrain dice when the turn token moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
now 12 games in and cant win a game

just can never find more then 2 or 3 ingredients before time runs out

please can anyone help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hw often are you doing the delay to remove dice from the infection roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi once I hit about 3 infections I delay with my two heros so that I only role 2 dice each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Might be a 2-player struggle?

Our group of four has played it twice and won, the last time we had a Tamalir infection so we needed to find (I believe) 9 ingredients.

Our only "plan" was to draw cards from the three decks incessantly for ingredients (there's about an equal number in each deck). Also, if somebody got a "location quest" for an ingredient, we would always "messenger" it to whoever had the best chance of succeeding. We never accepted a failure in a quest for ingredients but would try try and try again until we got it.

Four players obviously have the best chance because of spreading out, reversing infections, best-quester gets the ingredient, forming parties for movement, etc.

Good luck! You certainly seem to be a persistent quester!!! (12 games?!?)

If you're playing solo, you might have to give up on this one. If you have another player, try playing two characters each.

Sorry, not much help, I guess modest

QUICK PS: Our first "buys" at the store are always MOVEMENT ITEMS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks for all your help

Finally on 13 games I won
Surprisingly with Tatianna and Red Scorpion

it went to the very last move on the time track and the very last TATIANNA move

I had to roll the 2 infection roles, any wilds and I would have lost

then I had to get to a town and cure it with my last terrain role I managed to get the correct terrain dice to get into the town pay my 1 gold and take damage and cure

I was so obsessed to win, it took 3 days, about a total of 15 hours and my wife going crazy with my waste of home time. I even went to bed in the early morning and could not sleep trying to draw up game plans.

I can now get on with life and may never play this quest again as its truly burnt me out

but wey hey ...! now to have a hot shower and shave and and pack the game away...............YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEeeeeeeessssssssss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Pérez Cantalapiedra
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
birthright wrote:
Hmmm. We played once and won comfortably with two heroes. We got lucky on the roll to infect each round though - only about five or six infections for the whole game. Towards the end we were doing a lot of becoming delayed to remove rice though. Which part seems to be hardest? Finding cure ingredients? Too many infected ed cities/towns?

Our main issue with the scenario was that there was virtually no reason to level up and by equipment. It was sort of like pandemic.

this is an interesting post. So I am assuming that almost nobody is fighting the city scenario bosses, and you just depend a lot on finding ingredients in the adventure cards? I feel like there is no time to develop a strong enough hero to kill one of those bosses without losing because of too much infection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.