Battlestations: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adv combat expert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Riese
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
On page 50 it says opponent must refill highest die. But on the full description on page 54 it says you may force opponent to refill. Is it may or must?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is reroll (not refill) - and as it is a ability you choose to use or not, it's the owner's choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
criese wrote:
On page 50 it says opponent must refill highest die. But on the full description on page 54 it says you may force opponent to refill. Is it may or must?

If you have the ability, you can choose to have the enemy to re-roll, but you can choose to not force the re-roll if you are happy with the results of your enemies roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Riese
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Yes it should say reroll. Autocorrect fail. Thanks. I just wasn't sure if with all of the other bonuses of that ability it could potentially cause a negative affect if it were MUST reroll to balance things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Musts are tough. I tried my best to clean it up but there are a few ambiguities.

I try in my interpretations to first see what makes the most sense and then try to reconcile that with the words that are written as best I can.

There is a drug effect that causes you to reroll the highest die in your skill check. If you roll snake eyes, that could let you reroll a "1". Most of the time it is bad but sometimes it will be a boon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, this thread is so specific... with games like this I usually revel at funny moments like getting to reroll a 1 while under a negative-influence drug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.