3 Posts

Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Great power moves capital instead of losing production rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Christodoulou
Greece
flag msg tools
Would it be unbalancing to have the three great powers instead of losing all production while their main capital is occupied, to be able to produce from their secondary capital? Eg lets say that London is captured, but not Paris, or that Moscow is occupied. Wouldn't be logical that the factions should be able to produce, but their POP/RES track must now track trade routes to the new capital? (so now for example the UK must trace trade route for his US POP/RES from USA to Bombay)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would make it much harder to strike a knock-out blow against any power. And it's not like if London had fallen, the West would have been able to just carry on from Paris or Bombay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't sound unbalanced to me. But, if you implement this change then it might make sense to change the rules for blockades accordingly, and that I think would affect the balance more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.