Subject: Backpack stickers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm having a small issue in that the back pack stickers don't stay on where they bend at the ends. Anyone have any simple ideas how to get these to stay down? I'm thinking superglue but may be messy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard sometimes people use clear nail polish to keep stickers down. Never done it myself though. Not sure if it would work for here, but it might be worth looking into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think overall the quality is pretty lacking. My tower is already pulling apart from the cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Clark
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about applying the stickers and then putting a small rubber-band on each one(like the ones for braces) to help hold the sticker in place for a few days. Hopefully the glue from the sticker sets by then and I can take of the rubber-bands for good. I haven't tried it yet but it was a thought I had because I am having the same issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed last night mine were starting the peel off the edges as well. Put the rubber bands on the backpacks hopefully the rubberband idea will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I did:

1) I used a tweezers to apply the stickers, carefully matching the center line with the middle of the backpacks.

2) I used the back end of the tweezers to press the stickers down around the curves.

3) I applied a few coats of Mod Podge Hard Coat to the stickers, paying close attention to the edge of the stickers (almost glopping it on there).

4) I let it dry and cure.

I'm pretty confident that my stickers will stay on. Time will tell, I guess. I could use a spray sealant if I'm really worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.