The "Lost Summer" Edition
Theme: Wow this crazy September heat hasn't let up, and despite the beautiful weather, I know plenty of you prefer the indoors playing board games. So come out Thursday to get your board gaming fix on. For this week's theme bring your games of post-summer, and unexpected surprises (or, of course, whatever you care to play).
There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 28 SEPT 2017. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.
We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!
$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores. (FAQ)
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.
Directions using public transportation
Starting on Apr. 23: Route 118 becomes Frequent Route 88
(From the East)
1. From Hurdman Station - Route 88 Kanata (not 88 Bells Corners) - get off at Hazeldean & Castlefrank.
2. From St-Laurent Station (through Downtown) - Route 61 Stittsville (during peak PM will be Route 61C only) - get off at Castlefrank & Hazeldean.
3. From Downtown (peak PM only) Route 267 Kanata - get off at Castlefrank & Winchester (the bottom of the church driveway).
(From the West)
1. From Terry Fox Station - Route 88 Hurdman - get off at Hazeldean & Castlefrank.
2. Also, the 61 does go by from Stittsville, but it doesn't have a stop that's right at Castlefrank & Hazeldean. The closest is Castlefrank & MacNeil, with a walk south to Castlefrank & Hazeldean.
When walking south on Castlefrank, the church is on your left and is well signed. Go up the hill to the doors in the back facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.
OK. I'm planning on getting there THIS time and I'm bringing 878 Vikings.