Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my old day of heroes, so tempted on the newest edition but does anyone know the differences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Counters are superior (thicker), box is bigger...

Map is a push, you'll find fans of both the new stock and the old.

Obviously the updated version of the Lock n Load Tactical Rules.

- C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the X-map! It's huge and beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:

Agreed, but sold separately from the new DoH boxed set.

- C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Wolski
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This falls into what I call facelift vs. re-do - you get the same basic game on the same (albeit bigger map) with the same (albeit updated and available on the web) rules. Same for the counters. Unless there are major scenario updates or additions, I'm not getting anything new for my purchase.

Don't get me wrong - Day of Heroes is probably the single most popular game in my house. My son learned wargaming from it. I think it's a great game, too.

However, if your hobby budget can afford the latest version, go ahead! It's great game with great components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:

Unfortunately, it doenst fit in the box. Not a matter of space either -- there is plenty of space -- it is just about 1/8th inch too wide.
Edit: measured it and it is more like 1/4 - 3/8 inch too wide.

Also, the two modern compendiums (vols 2 and 4) have several scenarios that use the DoH map, especially vol 4, and vol 4 comes with the extra hex map that is needed for the snatch and grab scenario. I dont know if normal or because I preordered, but vol 4 also came with both the xmap and normal size of all 5 maps it comes with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
M√ľnchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
Barthheart wrote:

Unfortunately, it doenst fit in the box. Not a matter of space either -- there is plenty of space -- it is just about 1/8th inch too wide.

Also, the two modern compendiums (vols 2 and 4) have several scenarios that use the DoH map, especially vol 4, and vol 4 comes with the extra hex map that is needed for the snatch and grab scenario. I dont know if normal or because I preordered, but vol 4 also came with both the xmap and normal size of all 5 maps it comes with.

The box is a waste of shelf space. Is there any reason why it has double the height as actually necessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
joshaubry wrote:
Barthheart wrote:

The box is a waste of shelf space. Is there any reason why it has double the height as actually necessary?

You can fit all the counters nicely arranged, plus the counters and rulebooks for Lock 'n Load Tactical: Days of Villainy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.