Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a situation from a recent 2p game: My opponent played Aerobraking Ammonia Asteroid and had no card that could legally receive microbes. I had Regolith Eaters and Ants.

In playing AAA, was my opponent obliged to place two microbes on one of my cards because it was possible to do so? It seems like "* adds resources (usually animals or microbes) to a card but you don’t have a card that can collect them" indicates that my opponent is not obligated to put the microbes on my cards, which is how we played, but I'm trying to double check and I haven't been able to search that answer up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you never place resources on someone else's cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I thought you always had to place thing even if it would benefit the other players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Really? I thought you always had to place thing even if it would benefit the other players...

Nope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorry Moller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the answer I saw in anoher thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24020169#24020169

rulebook p.9:
Resources or production without red frames always affect yourself and must be performed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true but if I am remembering the card right the microbes aren't with a red border
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three rules affecting this issue:

1) ONLY red-bordered icons can target opponents. So no, AAA can't place microbes on another player's card.
2) Placing resources on your own cards is not mandatory in order to play the card. So you can play the card even without anywhere to put them. Simply ignore them instead.
3) Only cards that define a use for certain resources can collect them. So Viral Enhancers for example, can't collect microbes even though it is a microbe card.

Cheers!
/Jacob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, you can never place a resource on someone else's card?
I had CEO's favorite project and the card itself states you must place a resource on a card with at least one resource. I placed one on another player's card to give them a point and I gained 5 money from interplanetary cinematic's bonus and media group's bonus to play another card worth more points. Is that legal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and no. You can always play the card, even if you don't actually gain any resources . . . but you can't use it to add a resource to someone else's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimikyu wrote:
Wait, you can never place a resource on someone else's card?
I had CEO's favorite project and the card itself states you must place a resource on a card with at least one resource. I placed one on another player's card to give them a point and I gained 5 money from interplanetary cinematic's bonus and media group's bonus to play another card worth more points. Is that legal?
Except for placing the resource marker on the other card, yes. See: Re: CEO's Favorite project question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.