Massive Darkness» Forums » Variants

Subject: WIP Scenario: Sorcerors vs Lord Tusk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sunnywood
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I am in the process of creating a themed scenario for using the expansion pack "Sorcerors vs Lord Tusk" and a few of the figures from the KS Lightbringers pledge.

Thematically it centers around Lord Tusk (who I think looks awesome even though he has been referred to as Lord Gums) an Ogre Chief. He camps out comfortably in his base in his Greater form while he has Lessor Known Ogres (Rockcrusher and Brute) patrolling it (their starting points are labeled as red circles.) Sticking to the theme I would only allow the Ogre Mage to spawn as a roaming monster, and it would activate ANY time a roaming monster is referenced in event cards.

I would limit the Guards to only orcs and goblins. I don't think that Dwarf enemies fit the theme.

Levels 1-5 in the scenario. The Artifact Sorcerer's ring will be obtainable during the scenario, still working through the how.

The scenario is not timed, but heroes would likely need to hide from the patrolling Ogres in the early levels. (Safe areas due to line of sight are shown as boxes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to bgg, have a coin for your contribution. Looks interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Duminil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You will probably be interested by the map editor, so you can transform your nice schema into a map like in the rulebook:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134104/massive-darkness-t...

Only the arrows will be missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Can't wait to see the how. Thank you for your work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sunnywood
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Doodled a layout page today. (Yes, the detailed text is blurry on purpose. It's close, but not concise enough.) Thank you for the link to the map editor, I had seen it before but that makes it easier for me to find.

Did a playtest of the Quest last night. It's not easy, especially depending on what gear the Guardians are spawned with. I lost the first time, but know what I would do different.

I plan to type up the Quest as I have it, before I invest the time in making it pretty. That way the community can try it if they dare! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.