Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Help wow I have hundreds of videos in my subscribed section. It's been a week or so but still too many. The problem isn't I'm subscribed to too many, its that I'm getting them in all languages. Most review or playthroughs are not in English. How do I only receive English updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
There is no way to distinguish like that.

Perhaps you should try tweaking your subscription settings to reduce the overall number of items triggering them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I may have to remove the videoo subscriptions if I don't get any other ideas. It's just so nice to log in and they're right there and I don't have to think which to search. I like watching of any of my games in collection or soon to be, just not in a different language. You think that would be a normal filter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wrenn
United States
Bushkill
PA
flag msg tools
What? You thought I'd have some interesting overtext?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, for awhile I was subscribed to Mechs vs. Minions, so I got everything that went there...pictures, reviews, forum posts, etc...eventually dropped it and figured I could go in there on my own if I want to see the latest on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I solve that problem by subscribing only to the people posting the videos, not the video locations themselves.

Pete (wonders if that would work for you)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja tricky way, that may work. I do have a bunch of BGGers that I watch so I can unsubscribe from all and then subscribe to the reviewer of the video watched. I think that still keeps me from getting videos on old and new games from others. Sometimes theres a video done by a new player or a clip from someone different. Maybe I can request a new filter from support. It just seems logical to me to filter out foreign languages. I will give it a go though sounds like it would reduce alot but I'll miss a lot too. Im disabled so I have a lot of time for gaming just incase someones wondering why I subscribe and watch so much. A good play through or box opening is better than some junk on TV to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree with Jonathan and wish was there a way to filter the videos and only see the English ones.

At a very minimum, why can't BGG add Language into one of the columns for the video subscription area. Then I could at least quickly delete those that aren't English.

But at best, language should be a criteria for all subscriptions on BGG. That would sure improve things greatly because I have the same issue with Geeklists where blocking doesn't seem to be working all that consistently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:
I completely agree with Jonathan and wish was there a way to filter the videos and only see the English ones.

At a very minimum, why can't BGG add Language into one of the columns for the video subscription area. Then I could at least quickly delete those that aren't English.

But at best, language should be a criteria for all subscriptions on BGG. That would sure improve things greatly because I have the same issue with Geeklists where blocking doesn't seem to be working all that consistently.
Even if they gave us that ability, too often the non-English videos aren't tagged as such, so you'd get them anyway.

Pete (is not complaining, but has noticed that about half the non-English videos survive when he turns on the English only filter)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Pete (is not complaining, but has noticed that about half the non-English videos survive when he turns on the English only filter)

So where is that English only filter option? I haven't run across that one and I might as well try because it will surely filter out some of the non-English stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne Dong
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

So where is that English only filter option? I haven't run across that one and I might as well try because it will surely filter out some of the non-English stuff.

If you are on the Video page for a particular game, there is a language filter there.

I, too, wish there was general filter for language, or at the least have it displayed on the video subscription list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cant
United Kingdom
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The language is always stated for the videos I get, so it should be easy enough. Plus there should be a ‘I don’t want to see this’ kind of function like Facebook. So you can state why it doesn’t fit with your subscriptions, ie not related to the game in question (reviews seem to tag games very liberally) or some other issue including wrong language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adrienned1 wrote:
... I, too, wish there was general filter for language, or at the least have it displayed on the video subscription list.

It has been requested before. For example Default Language setting for video filter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
clmdvd wrote:

Even if they gave us that ability, too often the non-English videos aren't tagged as such, so you'd get them anyway.

Feel free to GM me with the wrongly categoried ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Everyone for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.