Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three separate questions really, but they are kind of related:

1) I can see the spots very will in the Watch It Played video, but it looks like there are only six locations in each person's segment of the board, but I thought I saw something in the rules that encourages players to build at least once per game. I would have to assume that at some point there will be a rule that lets you build over an existing spot. Yes/No?

2) Suppose you have a four player game. Do the other two segments of the board ever get populated with buildings?

3) What happens to the charter space once the campaign is over? Since the board is fixed, I would assume that this becomes dead. Since this also one way of earning points and advancing the time marker, the game loses these mechanism mechanism. I assume that buildings that come out near the end of the campaign offer other ways of scoring and/or moving the time marker forward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
Three separate questions really, but they are kind of related:

1) I can see the spots very will in the Watch It Played video, but it looks like there are only six locations in each person's segment of the board, but I thought I saw something in the rules that encourages players to build at least once per game. I would have to assume that at some point there will be a rule that lets you build over an existing spot. Yes/No?
It seems likely, but no one who knows is telling.

Quote:
2) Suppose you have a four player game. Do the other two segments of the board ever get populated with buildings?
Yes. There are other threads around here that talk about that.

Quote:
3) What happens to the charter space once the campaign is over? Since the board is fixed, I would assume that this becomes dead. Since this also one way of earning points and advancing the time marker, the game loses these mechanism mechanism. I assume that buildings that come out near the end of the campaign offer other ways of scoring and/or moving the time marker forward?
Jamey has broadly hinted that many things will evolve as the campaign progresses. It seems reasonable that this is one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
I don't know about Charter spaces but on the Facebook group I asked about unlocking stuff in the post-campaign game and he said it's doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.