Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, is it the standard "I think I have the case solved" and the player hands a note or something to the chisel? If right they win, if wrong they're out of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
The game lasts a certain number of rounds ("days"), and at the end of that, everyone writes down their final answer and hands it over to see who got it right.

But at any time before the end of the game, only on their turn, a player can declare they've solved the case (i.e. they think they know who did it, what the murder weapon was, and the motive). They write it down and hand it to the Chisel. If they got it right, they win. If they get it wrong, the Chisel tells them how many things they got right, but not which things were right (and none of the other players saw what was proposed).

So now they've got to figure out what they were wrong on, and what the real answer is, and if no one else figures it out before the end of the game, they'll get another chance to solve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Was coming to answer this but Richard nailed it. So... what he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this. I think this will scratch an itch other "investigation" games do not. I'll probably be the Chisel most of the time but it's great I can play each case solo before I play it as the Chisel.

Also does this mean we'll see a Rahdo run through?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:

Yup, and I'll try to do it spoiler free, though that will be tricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Beorndog wrote:

I watched the run through and the thing that stands out is the inability to reveal any of the game text because it will lead to spoilers. How is learning and teaching the game to others possible without ruining one of the cases? Will there a spoiler free walk through booklet/case provided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Owsley wrote:
rahdo wrote:
Beorndog wrote:

I watched the run through and the thing that stands out is the inability to reveal any of the game text because it will lead to spoilers. How is learning and teaching the game to others possible without ruining one of the cases? Will there a spoiler free walk through booklet/case provided?

The game is fairly simple to teach without ruining a case. It is not necessary to read any hidden information in order to learn the game and the introductory case is meant to do exactly that: teach you the game.

As for your question about a tutorial booklet... well just keep an eye on the campaign. That's all I'll say for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.