Hide
4 Posts

Dice of Crowns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legendary Dice Rule Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Richter
msg tools
Hello! If I roll 3 Crowns or 5 skulls, may I continue to try for 7 of each to get the Legendary rewards? Or do I automatically need to take a Token? With Legendary dice, do I need to roll all seven at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotboy172 wrote:
Hello! If I roll 3 Crowns or 5 skulls, may I continue to try for 7 of each to get the Legendary rewards? Or do I automatically need to take a Token?

You may keep rolling as many times as you wish until your turn ends.

Dice of Crowns Rules wrote:
Your turn ENDS when you:
-Receive any token. -Have 3 Daggers. -Have too few dice to roll.

So, as long as you do not stop and take a token, you may keep re-rolling and trying for Legendary rewards (that is assuming no Daggers have been rolled yet, or an opponent has not gotten a Scroll and rolled a Crown to keep for themselves).

pilotboy172 wrote:
With Legendary dice, do I need to roll all seven at once?

No, you can roll, collect some Crowns or Skulls, and re-roll any returned Scrolls to try for a Legendary roll. The only Legendary roll which must be rolled all (or most) at once is the Crimson Feast. It requires you to have two or fewer Daggers, and then roll Daggers on *all* the rest of the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Richter
msg tools
Great!! Thank you for clarifying and for the crimson feast description. I think that situation is what was less clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Epperson
United States
Monroe
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:
pilotboy172 wrote:
Hello! If I roll 3 Crowns or 5 skulls, may I continue to try for 7 of each to get the Legendary rewards? Or do I automatically need to take a Token?

You may keep rolling as many times as you wish until your turn ends.

Dice of Crowns Rules wrote:
Your turn ENDS when you:
-Receive any token. -Have 3 Daggers. -Have too few dice to roll.

So, as long as you do not stop and take a token, you may keep re-rolling and trying for Legendary rewards (that is assuming no Daggers have been rolled yet, or an opponent has not gotten a Scroll and rolled a Crown to keep for themselves).

pilotboy172 wrote:
With Legendary dice, do I need to roll all seven at once?

No, you can roll, collect some Crowns or Skulls, and re-roll any returned Scrolls to try for a Legendary roll. The only Legendary roll which must be rolled all (or most) at once is the Crimson Feast. It requires you to have two or fewer Daggers, and then roll Daggers on *all* the rest of the dice.

100% correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.