Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So which of the 11 Obliv set heroes survive or in some cases stay heroes? Luminary fakes his death to return evil (which makes no sense) Akash goes on to kill everybody after Obliv bites it and Stuntman loses his mind entirely after being deformed.... Also Dr Medico was disintegrated by Obliv so he's uber dead... Whose left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh... You know there's a podcast where they talk about all this stuff in great detail, right?

Also, there are two futures (tactics and RPG) post-Oblivaeon, and many characters have vastly different fates between the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't do pods I like reading

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically, some of that info should be on the wiki, as it comes out of the podcasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
So which of the 11 Obliv set heroes survive or in some cases stay heroes? Luminary fakes his death to return evil (which makes no sense) Akash goes on to kill everybody after Obliv bites it and Stuntman loses his mind entirely after being deformed.... Also Dr Medico was disintegrated by Obliv so he's uber dead... Whose left?

Most of that is incorrect.
I really recommend hearing it from the creators' mouths, on the Letter's Page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:

That's nice.

Well, if you don't want to go to where the answers actually are, might I suggest going to Reddit? Someone there takes every week's podcast and distills it into its core points. Though you certainly miss a lot by not listening to the podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
BardicSkaven wrote:

That's nice.

Well, if you don't want to go to where the answers actually are, might I suggest going to Reddit? Someone there takes every week's podcast and distills it into its core points. Though you certainly miss a lot by not listening to the podcast.

Yeah, that dude puts in a crazy amount of work. Nice bulleted list of all the points in each episode.

That said, get over yourself and listen to the podcast. It's phenomenal. If you have any interest in the story of Sentinels of the Multiverse at all, you have no excuse to not listen to the podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
If you have any interest in the story of Sentinels of the Multiverse at all, you have no excuse to not listen to the podcast.
I... wouldn't go that far.

The podcast is a lot of fun, and there's certainly a lot of good information, but there are a couple of caveats:

1) The episodes are long. Most of the "mainstream" episodes now clock in between two and three hours (and the recent Sentinels / Void Guard episode comes in at over 3:15) and even the "interlude" episodes are now ending up between 1:30 and 2:00. And part of that is because...

2) Adam and Christopher ramble. A lot. While this certainly contributes to the charm of the podcast, if you're just listening to it for an info dump, you're going to be disappointed by the, I'd say, at least half an hour that could be trimmed out if the tangents were reined in and/or edited out afterwards.

Whether you're willing to devote that much time to a podcast that is, at its heart, an explanation of a fictional universe is up to you. I still get all the episodes and listen to them as my schedule allows -- having a 45 minute commute to and from work certainly helps -- but they do end up near the bottom of my podcast priority list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
Theoretically, some of that info should be on the wiki, as it comes out of the podcasts.

These do end up the on the wiki on the Letters Page section. When they get to individual hero pages is a different story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I had very little interest in the Sentinels lore before listening to the podcast, and they totally sucked me in. Their podcast is one of the highlights of my week, and I always prioritize listening to it. In fact, when the Sentinels episode came out, I actually went out for a long drive specifically to listen to it.

And yeah, A&C's off-topic rambling is one of my favorite parts. They just have such fantastic chemistry. The whole thing with the khopeshes in the Ennead episode had me laughing out loud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:

1) The episodes are long. Most of the "mainstream" episodes now clock in between two and three hours (and the recent Sentinels / Void Guard episode comes in at over 3:15) and even the "interlude" episodes are now ending up between 1:30 and 2:00. And part of that is because...

Only the last Nemesis and Slaughterhouse Sixtwo Interludes have been longer than an hour. That was more due to them being more like a regular episode since it was about various characters and plot with a load of questions.

As to normal episodes on average they've been an hour and a half. The latest episode was the longest by far due to talking about four characters who each have their own items but are tied together highly. I don't expect we will have an episode that long again unless they decide in other episodes to give summaries of multiple individual comic issues instead of going over major plot points as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have gotten that long? I don't even notice--it's one of my favorite podcasts. I always smile when The Letters Page comes up in the queue (even when it's the third one in a row--it happens). I somewhat cheat in that I'm using an app that trims dead time and have it accelerated to 1.4x speed (yes, sometimes it's quite entertaining to listen to Christopher speed-talk).

Even with the rambling and ever-increasing sidebars (to me they are amusing and a feature, not a bug), there is a huge amount of information about the rich background they have developed. There's other podcasts I listen to that have far more tangents and off-topic banter (not to mention the sponsor ads some have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know Blade faked his death after Obliv Lifeline is a loner Dr. Medico is perma dead and Akash is a tree and went uinsane and now evil again this time sadistic and not 'nature's wrath'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifeline isn't a loner by the end of OblivAeon. Medico is only gone in the Tactics future and his RPG future is not settled though he isn't consumed by Gloomweaver. Akash is only a tree in the RPG future and in the Tactics future has her power grown by OblivAeon shards causing her to on a rampage once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is confusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
This is confusing

It isn't if you listened to the podcast or read the summaries. I'll try to break some of it down for you.

During the Oblivion fight, the main Sentinels universe gets split into two separate timelines. They are identical up until towards of the end of the Oblivion fight, but begin going in very different direction after wards. As a result, most characters have two often very different fates.

In the RPG time, Akash only a piece of Akash is left in the form of a tree. Akash is still on the side of good and has been telling Argent Adept about his legacy, leading to him possibly training some PCs to be future Virtuosos of the Void.

The in the Tactics timeline, Akash never created a tree out of part of herself and as a result, Akash-Thriya survives the battle, but absorbs an Oblivaeon shard and goes berserk.

In both Timelines, Blade fakes his death and goes on to do evil things, if I remember properly. He was never really a good guy to begin with though.

For stuntman, he is badly deformed in both timelines, but in the RPG timeline, he becomes a private detective by day and superhero by night.

In the Tactics timeline, he goes nuts and becomes full on crazy evil again.

La Commadora apparently leaves the battle before the timeline split, so there is only one of her. She is lost outside of time and there is no way to get back again.

Medico is only dead in the Tactics Timeline. He survives in the RPG timeline. So far.

Lifeline makes it back to the Enclave of the Endlings in one timeline but does not make it in the other. I can't remember the details or what happens to the one trapped outside.

Anyway, I suggest you check the wiki if you want to know more, or look up the summaries on reddit. They are quite good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaosmancer mc
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Dr. Medico is alive in the RPG and Gloomweaver has been excised from him. We know, because RPG Gloomy runs into a problem when he heads back home, mainly someone else took his throne.

The Sentinels are dealing with the long-term effects of Oblivaeon Shards though, which is a potential problem, but they can't really afford to give up the power the shards give them.

Lifeline leaves in the Tactics timeline, abandoning the fight to go with Jansa and the other Endlings who disappear beyond Time and Space. In the RPG Timeline he stays to fight, absorbs a bunch of energy from Oblivaeon, which he later releases to form
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Aeongirl who is in Daybreak with Muse and Legacy AKA Pauline
before he heads out into space to work with Void Guard to deal with the threat of Chokepoint who has taken over the Celestial Tribunal.

Also, the majority of the major heroes in the RPG timeline take a step back to take on mentoring roles, most notably the Freedom Five, while in the Tactics timeline they step up and drive themselves harder and harder leading to a lot of deaths of major heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.