Subject: Distribution Action, Accountant, and Price Adjustment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJ
msg tools
badge
Caught you 'mirin'.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a game once through (really enjoyed it) and many questions arose, unsurprisingly. I have since scoured these rules forums and discovered answers to many of my questions, and I just want to confirm my understanding of the following scenario as described, by those Arkwright veterans residing here.

My understanding of applying the bonus action of price adjustment is as follows: When using the additional action of price adjustment following the use of the Distribution marker, you are only allowed to use surplus of the amount you paid in "Max" administration costs to affect other companies which you did not specifically apply your Distribution bonuses toward. This differs from the Quality marker, with which you may use the surplus you payed in administration costs after consuming the flat fee of raising your respective quality levels--you may then apply the surplus funds (if any) after paying the flat Quality marker fee to adjust goods prices on other factories, at £1 per factory.

An example of my understanding of the above rule is as follows: Even though you placed your "Max 4" Distribution marker on the £6 administration location (thus paying £6), and you used £3 to take a factory from +0 temporary bonus quality to temporary +2 bonus quality, you still have only £1 to administer to a different factory; you do not have £3 left (even though £6-£3 = £3, what you really have to work with is £4-£3 = £1). Please feel free to correct any misconceptions I have regarding this.

My main question is related to combining the accountant with the Distribution marker. According to the player's handbook, the accountant directly reduces the administration cost which you pay for placing the Distribution marker. So, in the context of the above, the following example should be correct:
1. I have the Accountant development tile, and choose to place a Distribution "Max 4" marker on the £4 space.
2. As a result, the administration cost that I pay is £2, and therefore I only have access to £2 of temporary quality upgrade.
3. Now, I can either increase the quality of two separate factories from +0 to +1, and/or use £1 or £2 of that amount to simply change the price of 1 or 2 factories, respectively.

Is my above interpretation correct?

(I just realized the accountant's ability is optional, so the above example is not practical unless you simply want the administrative cost discount, but please entertain it for rules clarification purposes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rontuaru wrote:

An example of my understanding of the above rule is as follows: Even though you placed your "Max 4" Distribution marker on the £6 administration location (thus paying £6), and you used £3 to take a factory from +0 temporary bonus quality to temporary +2 bonus quality, you still have only £1 to administer to a different factory; you do not have £3 left (even though £6-£3 = £3, what you really have to work with is £4-£3 = £1). Please feel free to correct any misconceptions I have regarding this.

My main question is related to combining the accountant with the Distribution marker. According to the player's handbook, the accountant directly reduces the administration cost which you pay for placing the Distribution marker. So, in the context of the above, the following example should be correct:
1. I have the Accountant development tile, and choose to place a Distribution "Max 4" marker on the £4 space.
2. As a result, the administration cost that I pay is £2, and therefore I only have access to £2 of temporary quality upgrade.
3. Now, I can either increase the quality of two separate factories from +0 to +1, and/or use £1 or £2 of that amount to simply change the price of 1 or 2 factories, respectively.

(I just realized the accountant's ability is optional, so the above example is not practical unless you simply want the administrative cost discount, but please entertain it for rules clarification purposes.)

You are correct. The example may make sense, if you have only £2 cash to avoid an emergency selling of shares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
msg tools
badge
Caught you 'mirin'.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thank you Stefan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
Rontuaru wrote:

According to the player's handbook, the accountant directly reduces the administration cost which you pay

Just a quick clarification....The accountant can reduce or increase admin costs by up to £2 or, of course, eliminate the need to pay £2 for re-use of a tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:
Rontuaru wrote:

According to the player's handbook, the accountant directly reduces the administration cost which you pay

Just a quick clarification....The accountant can reduce or increase admin costs by up to £2 or, of course, eliminate the need to pay £2 for re-use of a tile.

Correction: the £2 extra fee for repeated use of an action tile is not affected by the accountant, but only by the administrator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.