Popular Tags: [View All]
Hung Nguyen
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of Tokaido from my Reddit Secret Santa and the quality seems to be MUCH lower than when I previously played it. The colors look super muted and the panorama cards aren't even fully cut and SUPER flimsy "cardstock" as it's barely thicker than a piece of construction paper.

It shows it is made by Fun Forge and looks like it is a regular edition game.

Given that I've seen some counterfeit copies being sold on Amazon,

(https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/6jmfs1/legit_vs...)

I'm curious if you happen to know if this could fall into that category, or if this version is simply really poor quality components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Staihc L
Singapore
flag msg tools
The panorama cards are indeed of this quality and they do tear like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
staihc wrote:
The panorama cards are indeed of this quality and they do tear like this.

Seconded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded. Just unboxed and played for the first time. Was a bit surprised at having to separate the thin panoramic cards.

Thankfully, no tears, and sleeves make them feel as thick as the rest of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick note about my experiences about this.

Also, when I opened my deluxe edition box I was kind of surprised by the panorama cards. My first negative reaction was about something else though: There is a small, lighter border around the panorama cards in the deluxe. Looking at the same cards in my first purchased original edition, the cards are the same thickness and have small nubs where they were held together (although I can't remember pulling them apart, I must have).

Well. I like the original cards, and have switched them between the editions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.