Wojtek Gancarz
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the official FAQ:
Quote:
Completing Objective Cards:
There was some ambiguity in the original rules about exactly when on your turn you could complete an objective. Usually the timing doesn’t matter, but for a few cards it does. So we clarified the timing as follows: “You may reveal a completed objective card during your own turn before or after you complete a top- or bottom-row action.” Basically, you can’t complete an objective in the middle of an action.

Some of the cards explicitly state (at least in the Polish version) that the objective has to be completed at the end of the turn.
Quote:
3. At the end of your turn, control at least 3 farms.
Quote:
16. At the end of your turn, control a territory with your character, exactly 1 mech, exactly 1 worker and at least 5 resources.
Translated from Polish back to English - please refer to the card number for the exact wording.

Other cards do not have such requirement.
Quote:
8. Have no more than $2, at least 4 workers and at least 7 popularity.
Quote:
15. Have the same amount of workers and recruits.
Translated from Polish back to English - please refer to the card number for the exact wording.

I'm not sure how to interpret the clarification:
1. The clarification nullifies the "at the end of your turn" statements. All objectives can be completed before the top row action, between top and bottom actions, or after bottom row action.
2. The clarification specifies when objective cards can be completed, unless explicitly stated otherwise on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Thunarf
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, I would have accepted the leprosy alone; but not leprosy and eroticism together, oh no, for the love of God, erotic leprosy?
mbmbmbmbmb
viar wrote:
I'm not sure how to interpret the clarification:
1. The clarification nullifies the "at the end of your turn" statements from the first two cards. All objectives can be completed before the top row action, between top and bottom actions, or after bottom row action.
2. The clarification specifies when objective cards can be completed, unless explicitly stated otherwise on the card.

To me, the second option makes most sense, and that is how I have played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same interpretation as above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - at the end of your turn still take precedence if it is written on the objective card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fredrik, Jamie, and Iain are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you strategically reveal it to end the game on a turn of your choosing or is that cheating? In other words, if you completed it earlier in the game (actually sometimes I forget about them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric: That's a completely legal play as long as you currently achieve the objective at the time of the reveal. For example, if the objective says, "control at least 3 mountain territories," at the moment that you reveal the objective (before or after your top or bottom-row action), you must currently have control of at least 3 mountain territories. It's not like you can say, "Oh, remember that time 8 turns ago that I controlled at least 3 mountain territories? Here's my objective."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks....i have realized in a few games laty that being first to 6 can be deceiving as you can easily still lose to players with 4 or 5 that have a better economy. Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.