Hide
4 Posts

D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event card: Unexpect Naval Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Davies
msg tools
Just drew my event card (no. 08) and got :Unexpected US naval fire hits position: WN66S A6 G5. each has target symbols, I assume that it only hits US units with target symbol and not German units at those location. Any body know how this one works. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

You'll find the answer on p.36 of the rulebook, where there's a summary of all events. Here's the text regarding "Unexpected Naval Fire" for your conveniance:

Draw a fire card to randomly determine which of three positions is hit by a barrage of US naval artillery fire. The position listed on the event card with the target selector shown on the fire card is hit.
• If a German unit is in the position it is disrupted and its depth marker (if any) is eliminated.
• If US units are in the position, draw a second fire card. One US unit in the position with the target symbol on the second card must lose a step. If no units in the position have the target symbol on the second fire card, the fire has no effect.
• If no units are in the position, the fire has no effect.
Leaders are not affected. This fire does not cost you a naval fire marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davies
msg tools
Thank you for posting and especially writing the note as my rule book only goes up to page 32

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I should have specified that my reference was for the latest (second) edition of the rules. For anyone looking for the updated rules, they are available at the Decision Games website. Link: http://bit.ly/2jYVepQ

In your version of the rules, you'll find this particular event description on page 31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.