9 Posts

Through the Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Bug: App crashes when drawing cards from civil deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
It seems that we have become stuck in our current game: Just before my turn, the app crashes while it is trying to reveal new cards from the civil deck. I restarted the app several times and encounter the same bug every time. The other players in the game confirm that it crashes for them also.

Have sent a feedback report from my phone but I'm posting this thread too for visibility, since my players wish to continue the match as soon as possible.

The app also often crashes when I get a notification on my phone (Telegram, etc...) but at least in those cases it's easy enough to just restart and get back into the game. This time we are truly stuck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, what device are you playing on? Are you able to load or start other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
grant5 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what device are you playing on? Are you able to load or start other games?
Other games are working fine. I've completed 7 challenges without issue and I also have several other online games playing currently. It's only this match ("Nymlus's game") which is completely stuck.

As I said the match is currently in a state where it crashes for any player who tries to load the game, so I doubt that it is caused by a problem in my own device. But if you wish to know, I'm using a Sony Xperia X Compact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nillo wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Other games are working fine. I've completed 7 challenges without issue and I also have several other online games playing currently. It's only this match ("Nymlus's game") which is completely stuck.

As I said the match is currently in a state where it crashes for any player who tries to load the game, so I doubt that it is caused by a problem in my own device. But if you wish to know, I'm using a Sony Xperia X Compact.

I was wondering about the device type more for the second issue you described with the notifications. I realize a bug making everyone crash wouldn't likely be device-specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Okay, that makes sense. I don't worry about that bug as much since it's not gamebreaking, I just restart the app when it happens. I just wanted to mention that one as well since these are the 2 crash bugs I have encountered so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same problem. The app crashes when replaying other players' and trying to replenish the civil cards. I'm going to timeout as a result, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to avoid the crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nillo wrote:
It seems that we have become stuck in our current game: Just before my turn, the app crashes while it is trying to reveal new cards from the civil deck.

Had this happen in one of my games now, too (on another player's turn though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It crashed on my turn in an online game. The error message told me to contact developers at CGE but the email it gave out bounced. I tried tweeting at them and emailed the support address on their website. No response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
It crashed on my turn in an online game. The error message told me to contact developers at CGE but the email it gave out bounced. I tried tweeting at them and emailed the support address on their website. No response.

the email there should be correct, could you double check if you used: support@czechgames.com ?

There is a bug that allows a game to send part of your turn twice which can corrupt a game session. This is happening often with unstable internet connection (people playing the game while travelling encountered this problem more often than the rest). We are working hard on fixing the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.