2 Posts

Mercury/Market Garden» Forums » Rules

Subject: When do reinforcements arrive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Duncan
msg tools
This makes no sense to me:

"Reinforcements arrive during Impulse 'A' of the attack phase of each game turn."

There is no Impulse A in an attack phase. There is an attack phase (for each side) in Impulse A, and in fact in every impulse.

Should it therefore really say: Reinforcements arrive during the attack phase of Impulse 'A' of each game turn?

While this would make more sense, it would mean that allied reinforcements would not be able to move, and a specific question on this matter on consimworld clarified that Allied reinforcements can move on their impulse of arrival.

So perhaps it should just say: Reinforcements arrive during Impulse 'A' of each game turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is most likely an artifact of an earlier version of the game when there were phases of some kind. Best I can determine after some six or so years.

"Reinforcements arrive during Impulse 'A' of each game turn" seems fine to me. I suspect that is how everyone was playing it as this is the first mention I've seen regarding this rule.

I've posted a new Living Rules file over at consimword.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Mercury/Market-Garden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.