Subject: The worst way to loose.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
It's day 8 towards Gendricks, we've just completed a grueling day of battling. Boomer came out with a couple of gernades ready; Tantrum has a full set of axes, and his body count is climbing; Tink has figured out how to build Jericho (Spider Bot 3.0), and it's ready to battle; Ghillie has a pet, and a couple of traps at the ready (not to mention 6 arrows he can shoot at a time). We are READY for the tyrant... he doesn't stand a chance...

We just have one more problem.. that darn quicksand set us back a day and we haven't made enough progress toward Gendricks (1 progress short). Oh well that can wait till tomorrow... Lets take do some training and grab the loot from this battle, and think about that tomorrow...

"Hey guys! Look at this map I just found on this Troll!!! It's totally tattered, but I think it shows a route to a the fabled doorway!" says Boomer.

"Boomer, that's awesome, but we need to focus on Gendricks..." Ghillie pipes up.

"We'll it might have some nice shiny stuff.. I think we should at least consider it", Tantrum retorts...

...(Ebonite Doorway is shuffled into the deck). Party goes to sleep to wake the next day.

The group wakes up early, the sun is just cresting over the hills, and rays of light are coming through the trees... Boomer is looking at the map, she's sure it has to be true, it has to be there. She's heard of the ebonite doorway in fairy tales all her life. Tantrum is over her shoulder. "It's so close, it won't take them THAT long, and we could still get to Gendricks" she whispers to Tantrum...

Tink is working on Jericho, figuring out what attachments he should add, agonizing over what is going to be best for the group, for the great battle before them.

Ghillie just finishing his breakfast, it's a good day. "We are just one day from the end, we just have to make a little bit more progress and we can do it!" He mentions to Tink, who nods with agreement... Just then Boomer jumps up... "I'm going for it! It won't take me too long, and it's totally worth it!!!!" She grabs her bag and tent, and she takes off into the woods. The other three look at each other, and it's obvious we can't let her go alone, and they can't let her get to the doorway without them.

(Ebonite Doorway is the top encounter on the deck... sigh)

... against Ghillie's warning, the group goes for the doorway... it's day 9... we get great loot and some nice training points, we even do some scouting and know what baddies are ahead of us.... but make no progress...

Ghillie sits down on a boulder outside the doorway after some scouting... this little excursion has taken the entire day, the sun is setting, and there's no way to make enough progress to get to Gendricks before he attacks. Distraught, he puts his face in his hands as he calls to the others...

"Hey guys, Gendricks attacks the village tomorrow, and we can't get to him before he does so... We've failed, and we have no-one else to blame but ourselves."...

...the worst way loose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Perhaps too loose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ddrinkle wrote:
It's day 8 towards Gendricks, we've just completed a grueling day of battling. Boomer came out with a couple of gernades ready; Tantrum has a full set of axes, and his body count is climbing; Tink has figured out how to build Jericho (Spider Bot 3.0), and it's ready to battle; Ghillie has a pet, and a couple of traps at the ready (not to mention 6 arrows he can shoot at a time). We are READY for the tyrant... he doesn't stand a chance...

We just have one more problem.. that darn quicksand set us back a day and we haven't made enough progress toward Gendricks (1 progress short). Oh well that can wait till tomorrow... Lets take do some training and grab the loot from this battle, and think about that tomorrow...

"Hey guys! Look at this map I just found on this Troll!!! It's totally tattered, but I think it shows a route to a the fabled doorway!" says Boomer.

"Boomer, that's awesome, but we need to focus on Gendricks..." Ghillie pipes up.

"We'll it might have some nice shiny stuff.. I think we should at least consider it", Tantrum retorts...

...(Ebonite Doorway is shuffled into the deck). Party goes to sleep to wake the next day.

The group wakes up early, the sun is just cresting over the hills, and rays of light are coming through the trees... Boomer is looking at the map, she's sure it has to be true, it has to be there. She's heard of the ebonite doorway in fairy tales all her life. Tantrum is over her shoulder. "It's so close, it won't take them THAT long, and we could still get to Gendricks" she whispers to Tantrum...

Tink is working on Jericho, figuring out what attachments he should add, agonizing over what is going to be best for the group, for the great battle before them.

Ghillie just finishing his breakfast, it's a good day. "We are just one day from the end, we just have to make a little bit more progress and we can do it!" He mentions to Tink, who nods with agreement... Just then Boomer jumps up... "I'm going for it! It won't take me too long, and it's totally worth it!!!!" She grabs her bag and tent, and she takes off into the woods. The other three look at each other, and it's obvious we can't let her go alone, and they can't let her get to the doorway without them.

(Ebonite Doorway is the top encounter on the deck... sigh)

... against Ghillie's warning, the group goes for the doorway... it's day 9... we get great loot and some nice training points, we even do some scouting and know what baddies are ahead of us.... but make no progress...

Ghillie sits down on a boulder outside the doorway after some scouting... this little excursion has taken the entire day, the sun is setting, and there's no way to make enough progress to get to Gendricks before he attacks. Distraught, he puts his face in his hands as he calls to the others...

"Hey guys, Gendricks attacks the village tomorrow, and we can't get to him before he does so... We've failed, and we have no-one else to blame but ourselves."...

...the worst way loose...

Happened to me too once... There are a couple of tyrants where progress needed is very close to total days available, and having the Ebonite Doorway not give a progress point can be a pain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Johnson
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
Happened to me too once... There are a couple of tyrants where progress needed is very close to total days available, and having the Ebonite Doorway not give a progress point can be a pain!

Yeah for those Tyrants we always take the extra progress point on day 3 instead of the trove loot. I suppose it makes sense that the Ebonite Doorway does not grant progress since it is kind of a side quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Drinkle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
BuddyFreedom wrote:
nobody82b wrote:

Yeah for those Tyrants we always take the extra progress point on day 3 instead of the trove loot. I suppose it makes sense that the Ebonite Doorway does not grant progress since it is kind of a side quest.

Yeah I usually do too, but my Son insisted that we could make good use of the Trove Loot, and didn't want think we could sneak across the bridge without being seen.

Live and learn. It was fun non-the-less, and a fun "story" to write.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gendricks puts you on a pretty tight schedule. Similar thing happened to me in my first attempt. Tantrum was swayed by rumors of priceless loot the Mohlnor had on offer when he should have instead risked discovery for the sake of progress. A few failed encounters later spelled doom for the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.