Subject: [CH] A Feast for Odin - $62.99, or $56.69 dinged & dented rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CardHaus's deal of the day for 9/25/2017 is A Feast for Odin for $62.99 new or $56.69 dinged & dented.

CH link
BGG info

CH lists quantity of 2 for both new and dinged & dented, but I don't know if that's actual stock or if they're limiting to 2 per order at this price which is something they do sometimes.

Standard CH disclaimer: free shipping is at $125. If you can't hit this total it may or may not be a hot deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anders

California
msg tools
How long does it take to teach this game? Nobody I play with is tolerant of long rules explanations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamescardgames wrote:
How long does it take to teach this game? Nobody I play with is tolerant of long rules explanations.

I feel like it takes quite a while to explain(I don't know that I have an exact amount of time in mind). I personally wouldn't try it with an impatient group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules aren't really all that hard to teach, especially if you've ever played a Rosenberg Worker Placement Game before. There are just a boatload of options and some specific icons to pay attention to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Neuschwander
United States
Hummelstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any experience with Ding & Dents from Cardhaus? Is it usually just minor damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
The rules aren't really all that hard to teach, especially if you've ever played a Rosenberg Worker Placement Game before. There are just a boatload of options and some specific icons to pay attention to.

Little more difficult to teach than Caverna, as there are win conditions and fail conditions for anything that takes dice, and it always takes a little more thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Grabbed this deal and a few other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Winterfella wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Ding & Dents from Cardhaus? Is it usually just minor damage?

I bought both Shadows of Brimstone boxes for the core games from Ding & Dent. I had to search for the ding. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another from CH Ding & Dent.

They apparently have very high standards, fwiw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamescardgames wrote:

It's not the most difficult game ever, but as others said it's probably on the level of something like Caverna (+ a little more). It is a decently long game too, so if you've got an impatient group that hasn't fell in love with worker placement games then this probably isn't the game you want.

However, I do find it pretty fun solo, and have played 2 player with my wife (we both liked it). A lot of the game is spatial optimization, which can be fun but isn't my favorite mechanic. I don't like Patchwork at all, but don't mind it so much here. I do miss the part of games like Agricola and Caverna where spaces get progressively better the less often they're used, but there are enough options here it would be a real chore to have to add things to spaces every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder what the odds of finding it for less are in say, the next six months? This is an Asmodee title now, right? I think this deal is going to be hard to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think its gonna get too much better than 56.69, theres always a chance you will find it closer to 50% off, but since its retail is 99 this is a decent deal

I was able to find a good price on ebay and stack it with discounted gift cards and a $15 off to end up better, but I think I just got lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.