4 Posts

Pax Pamir» Forums » General

Subject: Can a player be taxed twice in one turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dandylion Thirteen
msg tools
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with some tax questions.

Player 1 has two Kabul cards, both with a Tax action. Player 1 also has a tribe in Kabul.
Player 2 has 1 Kabul Card, with a garrison in Kabul. Player 2 also has a 2-star Persia economic card.

My questions are:

1. Can Player 1 use both his/her actions to tax Player 2 twice (once for each card for which he/she has a tax action)?

2. Can Player 2 use his/her 2-star tax shelter twice (once for each taxation attempt), or only once (for both attempts)?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need a tribe in the region AND the most units. So in your scenario, the answer would be no.

However, assuming a player has the proper majority, yes, they could use the tax action on two separate cards.

The tax shelter is a limit on how many rupees cannot be taken from a player via tax. It doesn't cost an action to use. The number of stars just sets the limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
d13d13 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with some tax questions.

Player 1 has two Kabul cards, both with a Tax action. Player 1 also has a tribe in Kabul.
Player 2 has 1 Kabul Card, with a garrison in Kabul. Player 2 also has a 2-star Persia economic card.

My questions are:

d13d13 wrote:
1. Can Player 1 use both his/her actions to tax Player 2 twice (once for each card for which he/she has a tax action)?

Yes, you MAY be able to tax twice.

You may use the tax action on each card once, provided you have not used any other action on that card this turn.

However, you need a majority in Kabul to tax. You need at least one tribe and more units (tribes + loyal armies) to tax. If you have one tribe and P2 is represented by an army not loyal to you, you have to resort to the tie breaker to see if you have a majority.

living rules wrote:
(A3.1) Tie-breaker. Ties are always broken in favor of the player with more military stars on his Tableau. If there is a further tie, the tie is broken in favor of the player with more rupees. If there is a further tie, neither player is superior.

d13d13 wrote:
2. Can Player 2 use his/her 2-star tax shelter twice (once for each taxation attempt), or only once (for both attempts)?

P2 can use the tax shelter twice. A tax shelter is always available for protection from a tax action..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dandylion Thirteen
msg tools
Thank you both for explaining that!
Makes perfect sense

I absolutely love this game, by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.