Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first games of this last night, with the recommended first game setup (Dracula, Alucard, Boogie Monster, Zombie, Trickster), and our third game swapped out Zombie/Boogie Monster with Dr Jekyll/Van Helsing.

In all games, I found Dracula's ability to be weak compared to the others. Alucard won twice by being accused as Dracula. Trickster threw everyone off so had good defense. Boogie Monster only had to accuse two people. This left Dracula with no real ability special ability, basically meaning he's one or more steps behind. Especially because everyone else already knows themselves plus knowing that Dracula is somewhere out there - Dracula doesn't have that luxury.

I'm sure the game isn't broken, so I'm curious what the recommended strategy would be for playing as Dracula? Obviously it's good to observe when people dance or refuse dances, but after we took out BM+Zombie that aspect was lost.

Any tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hayward
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Dracula's big advantage is that he can accuse, and then immediately accuse again if he's wrong! As Dracula, you always want to try to get in the first accusation - once you've narrowed down all but 2 or 3 of the guests, you can immediately accuse a second time and ensure victory.

He also gets to do an immediate reveal when he's targeted by his wife (Bride of Dracula) or a few of the VIPs from the Cthulhu and Friends expansion.

The other advantage is that when YOU query "Are you Dracula?", you've got much more information than most characters making the same query.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It's so obvious that he can accuse twice in a row for his first accusation, yet it never occurred to me to interpret it that way. I remember it saying that in the rulebook now that you mention it. Thanks, that gives a big bonus to Dracula for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.