Subject: Vassal module updated to version 1.2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I uploaded version 1.2 of the Vassal module and extension to the Vassal webpage:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:High_Frontier_(3rd_edition)

(BGG seems to have problems with the above URL: make sure you cut and paste it in full)

Release Notes:

1) fixed bug by which flipping crew cards would not correctly updated faction name on the playmats

2) added support for V, W, X modules, see below.

Addendum to the READ ME file in the module:

SUPPORT FOR ADVANCED MODULES

1) Cards can be drawn from the bottom of their decks (V0b)

2) Extra VP points, as required by the various modules, can be tracked via the "interstellar" line in the VP Track window; the "interstellar" string itself can be edited as required;

3) Support for CEO Solitaire (V4): use the "CEO Solitaire" button in the toolbar of the "Solar System Charts" window to add blue/black disks to the Sol center position in the Solar Cycle; they will show a running total of VP needed to get extra funding; delete unwanted disk via right click delete;

4) Support for Exomigration modules: click on the "Interplanetary Council" button in the toolbar of the "Solar System Charts" window to show a box in the top right corner with the Political Threshold disk on the left (W5) and space for Interplanetary Councilors (W1) to sit on the right; it's now possible to right click "Send to Interplanetary Council" on claims in the Solar System map; to edit the Political Threshold right click on it;

5) Support for Exploration modules: click on the "Explorations modules on/off" button in the toolbard of the "Achievements" window to switch to (low resolution) alternate double sided Glories and Ventures (W7) or back to default ones; there are now some small disks in the "Game Pieces" palette that you can use as Exploration tokens (W10)

I believe this covers the functionalities needed for all V,W,X modules. Anything not explicitely mentioned above can be done with current functionality. But let me know if some other functionality is sorely missing.

As usual, any feedback most welcome and I hope to have finished annoying you all with new releases!

• [+] Dice rolls
Vikat
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot

I try it :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Fellabaum
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
So, how do you move a claim disc onto a site? When I try to drag one onto the map it moves the entire stack of nine instead, and I can't find a way to separate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
double-click on the stack to expand it. Then you can select individual items from it. Double-click an expanded stack to collapse it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Fellabaum
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ah! We tried everything but double-click. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the extension file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Fellabaum
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Bug Report:

You need to change the button label from "Inspiration" to "Extropy", to agree with 3rd Edition.

(Thanks for making the VASSAL port, by the way.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
acrosome wrote:
Bug Report:

You need to change the button label from "Inspiration" to "Extropy", to agree with 3rd Edition.

(Thanks for making the VASSAL port, by the way.)

In 3rd Edition "Inspiration" is the word used for the Solar Cycle event. "Exotropy" is no longer in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Btw. when upgrading to 1.3 for any reason please include just the NASA Postcards for "Visions of the Future Glories" variant. As my version of postcards with text is too much to include (as you have said), topened in a doc (or printed) nevertheless for reference. The original NASA Postcards will be sufficient. I can provide a resized version of NASA Postcards, just tell me the size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Fellabaum
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
barbanera wrote:

In 3rd Edition "Inspiration" is the word used for the Solar Cycle event. "Exotropy" is no longer in use.

Did I get that backwards? Crap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
improove wrote:
Btw. when upgrading to 1.3 for any reason please include just the NASA Postcards for "Visions of the Future Glories" variant. As my version of postcards with text is too much to include (as you have said), topened in a doc (or printed) nevertheless for reference. The original NASA Postcards will be sufficient. I can provide a resized version of NASA Postcards, just tell me the size.

I am actually finished upgrading to 1.3. It will be published as soon as we have done a few test runs with it.

It does not add any new feature, but just reduces overall size and, hopefully, makes away with any memory issues people have experimented. More on that on the official announcement post, later on.

If you want to add extra stuff, not part of HF 3rd Edition, I suggest creating an optional extension for it. If it is as simple as just giving a few pictures to look at, I can take care of that for you when I have some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Names and numbers.
badge
I haven't changed this in years and I don't intend to start now.
mbmbmbmbmb
barbanera wrote:

I am actually finished upgrading to 1.3. It will be published as soon as we have done a few test runs with it.

It does not add any new feature, but just reduces overall size and, hopefully, makes away with any memory issues people have experimented. More on that on the official announcement post, later on.

If you're still developing 1.3, is the start space for the solar cycle correct? In the printed 3rd edition board the start space is before Senility allowing 2 turns prior to first event. In the 1.2 module it is after Senility, meaning an event on the first turn. After some searching I cannot figure which is correct, except that it isn't listed as a 3rd edition misprint in the errata thread.

Thank you for your work, I greatly enjoy the module!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
metaridley18 wrote:

If you're still developing 1.3, is the start space for the solar cycle correct? In the printed 3rd edition board the start space is before Senility allowing 2 turns prior to first event. In the 1.2 module it is after Senility, meaning an event on the first turn. After some searching I cannot figure which is correct, except that it isn't listed as a 3rd edition misprint in the errata thread.

Thank you for your work, I greatly enjoy the module!

Hmm, wait: I just checked with my copy of 3rd Edition and the Solar System Charts has the Start space as in the module, i.e. right after Senility.

Which printed board are you referring to?

BTW, the new version of the module has been ready for a couple months. I just wanted to test it a little longer in a PBEM game I am in since last year - which is progressing way too slowly of late, alas - before finally publishing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Names and numbers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I....somehow went crazy. Maybe it was there in the first edition? I don't know why I thought the start space was somewhere different.

Oh well, thank you for your response anyway! We are also embroiled in a pbe game, which would be impossible without VASSAL so I appreciate it, again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Names and numbers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I found your post on loading times in the vassal forums. Did you fix the endless load error in 1.3? We have a couple members with slower computers and after 30ish turns the load times become unbearable.

Is there anything we can do to correct it now or do we need to wait for 1.3?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Names and numbers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digging in the module one of our group members found a hotfix to the memory issue. For anyone else seeing this issue, you can Edit module, delete the Setup VP Track button and save. As long as you name the module the same you can open existing saves with it.

Stefano, am I right in thinking this button is only needed when first starting the game? I didn't notice any obvious problems briefly testing a new game with the button deleted, but I didn't look very hard. Mostly just made sure it opened our existing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, yeah, that's indeed the issue: the setup stuff needs only be done on the very first start of the game and not at every single reload of the vlogs.

Anyway, I have submitted the new version of the module to the Vassal website this morning, it will hopefully be available soon.

Opening a new thread with the module announcement, please reply there:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1948288/vassal-module-updat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.