Next War: Supplement #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Patriot vs. SCUD/Missile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Kuzava

Michigan
msg tools
mb
We started a game of NW: Korea this past weekend and included the optional Patriot units for the US. The question that came up: Should these have any effect vs. SCUD strikes within the 5 hex radius of the Patriot battery?

We bounced around the possibility of a +1 or +2 on SCUD/Missile strikes within range...but never reached a decision.

I don't know enough about the S-400/300 to know if they would have the same capability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron K wrote:
We started a game of NW: Korea this past weekend and included the optional Patriot units for the US. The question that came up: Should these have any effect vs. SCUD strikes within the 5 hex radius of the Patriot battery?

We bounced around the possibility of a +1 or +2 on SCUD/Missile strikes within range...but never reached a decision.

I don't know enough about the S-400/300 to know if they would have the same capability.

It would very likely have an effect. I would treat the SCUD/Missile similarly an air strike. Roll to detect then fire SAMs (but no AAA).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Domenici
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this also apply to NWP? To S-400s vs. NATO balistic missile too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.