Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing some solo games and this has really helped me, but still some questions have come up:

1 - If I use Finders Keepers (get a spoils card from deck) to get the war wagon, do I get 2 character cards? Was the War Wagon "drawn"?

2 - Page 31 of rulebook under Resource hex. "Draw from any of the three encounter decks." Do you just get to pick? Does the terrain underneath matter. Seems to be a disadvantage to the towns that start in the western mountains and radiation zones.

3 - Does a spoils card have to say "stowable" to be equiped to a vehicle? Can I equipe a gun to a vehicle to help it's combat rating?

4 - Does party equipment help vehicles since they are part of the party? Does the vehicle have to have carry capacity available for a party card to be in play?

5 - Charlton Hallaway's ability - Can he get a party equipment "ranged weapons"?

6 - Is the 9mm Auto Pistol a misprint with no cost or value?

7 - If I'm the Enclave and 1st player, but roll a 10 for town effect. I get to subtract 2, so may roll is an 8. Do I have to discard cards that say discard if your town roll is a 10? I think not, since my town roll is an 8 even though the die says 10.

8 - Unique situation - I'm in Phase II, Sub-Phase A Draw. Action card is Town Technology. I play immediately to get Marketplace. Do I get to draw a spoils card since I'm still in the draw sub-phase? Or did I already to my "draws" for that sub-phase?

9 - If an action card gets a party back to starting town location, can that party equip town roster characters right then? Or do they have to do a Movement deed and spend a week to move in the Party Exploits phase?

10 - Can more than one chip be on a hex? Point of Interest and Mission? Can the Regulators move their starting town onto one of those chips or Resource?

11 - Since you can swap Spoils cards at almost any time (except during encounter, pvp, mission or action card), that means I can switch around my vehicles correct? Therefore I can swap out my in-play war wagon for my Ambulance at the end of the player phase so I can have the ambulance do it's healing. Then swap the war wagon back into my party during another phase to have it ready to go out exploring.

If I can't get "official clarification" here or a consesus of opinion, I'll just use the rule in the rulebook to put it to a vote with the 1st player breaking ties. However, I'm playing mostly solo right now, so I've been voting in my favor a lot!!! LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Luken
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For question 2, the rulebook does explicitly state to pick from one of the three encounter decks, player's choice.

6. Good to know mine was not the only one this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing some solo games and this has really helped me, but still some questions have come up:

I love playing with other people, but solo is like playing a chose your own adventure. I am looking forward to play testing more solo variants.

1 - If I use Finders Keepers (get a spoils card from deck) to get the war wagon, do I get 2 character cards? Was the War Wagon "drawn"?

Yes!

2 - Page 31 of rulebook under Resource hex. "Draw from any of the three encounter decks." Do you just get to pick? Does the terrain underneath matter. Seems to be a disadvantage to the towns that start in the western mountains and radiation zones.

Yes, this gives you more flexibility when getting resources. Fun fact, is that they cost 1 space and it doesn't have radiation, unless of course another hex changes it to a radiation hex.

3 - Does a spoils card have to say "stowable" to be equipped to a vehicle? Can I equip a gun to a vehicle to help it's combat rating?

Yes, the spoils card must be "stowable" to equip it a vehicle.

4 - Does party equipment help vehicles since they are part of the party? Does the vehicle have to have carry capacity available for a party card to be in play?

No, Vehicles don't benefit from party equipment because the party equipment isn't stowable.

5 - Charlton Hallaway's ability - Can he get a party equipment "ranged weapons"?

Yes

6 - Is the 9mm Auto Pistol a misprint with no cost or value?

If it is not labelled then it can't be sold. With that said it should have had cost. I will take a look at my copy when I get home, but it should have cost of 5 Salvage coin.

7 - If I'm the Enclave and 1st player, but roll a 10 for town effect. I get to subtract 2, so my roll is an 8. Do I have to discard cards that say discard if your town roll is a 10? I think not, since my town roll is an 8 even though the die says 10.

No, you don't. That is one of the perks!

8 - Unique situation - I'm in Phase II, Sub-Phase A Draw. Action card is Town Technology. I play immediately to get Marketplace. Do I get to draw a spoils card since I'm still in the draw sub-phase? Or did I already to my "draws" for that sub-phase?

No, you are past the draw phase at that point.

9 - If an action card gets a party back to starting town location, can that party equip town roster characters right then? Or do they have to do a Movement deed and spend a week to move in the Party Exploits phase?

yes, you get can swap out people if you are moved to town. What is even cooler is if your party is just passing through town you can pickup people or equipment from your town roster or auction house.

10 - Can more than one chip be on a hex? Point of Interest and Mission? Can the Regulators move their starting town onto one of those chips or Resource?

Yes, you can even have multiple points of interest on the same hex. Add a few Town defense chips to the regulators and it gets even taller.

11 - Since you can swap Spoils cards at almost any time (except during encounter, pvp, mission or action card), does that means I can switch around my vehicles correct? Therefore I can swap out my in-play war wagon for my Ambulance at the end of the player phase so I can have the ambulance do it's healing. Then swap the war wagon back into my party during another phase to have it ready to go out exploring.

Only if you are in your town. Your spare vehicles and other spoils cards in your auction house are only available for you to equip if you are in town.

Here is another trick someone tried in a play test. What if you pass through town and pickup up a faster vehicle and pass back through town to get the slower vehicle. do you get to keep the speed boost? as you can imagine the answer is no, once you are out of moves you are done.

If I can't get "official clarification" here or a consensus of opinion, I'll just use the rule in the rulebook to put it to a vote with the 1st player breaking ties. However, I'm playing mostly solo right now, so I've been voting in my favor a lot!!! LOL

Definitely! I encourage people to follow the rules and if they run into something please post questions on BGG. You have a wonderful set of questions here. We added the voting system with the first player as tie breaker because of the zeroth law of games... Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adel Port
msg tools
I have a few questions that came up after some games that either aren't addressed in the rules or we missed them. If any of the questions are addressed in the rulebook and you could provide a page number that would be appreciated.

Also, in the future a FAQ thread or PDF would be great!

12) If you've spent all four weeks during the party exploit phase, can you willingly take Week Penalty Chips to take more actions?

13) Can cards that don't specify a phase or sub-phase and do not say "anytime" be played at anytime? Specifically the "Bars of Gold" spoils card, it does not specify when it is played. Can you hypothetically play it to claim a resource, play another card to retrieve it from the discard pile, and then play it again to claim a resource again on the same turn?

14) Melee Weapons Only Skill Checks aside. When rolling for Combat skill check do you gain the benefits from all equipped weapons? For example can a character use all weapons both melee and ranged or are they supposed to declare which weapon type they wish to use? Furthermore, is there a limit to the amount of weapons that a character can use? For example, if a character has four Ranged Weapons equipped, a Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Submachine Gune, and a Handgun, do they gain the combat bonus from each one or is there a limit?

15) When the "War Wagon" spoils card is drawn, gain 2 character cards. Can you swap these characters into your party or do they immediately go to your town?

16) A card was played in our last game, I forget which type of card or the text exactly, but the card said to take all of another player's salvage and divide it amongst the rest of the players. Must the salvage be divided equally? The player who played the card argued that he could give the other players all one salvage and keep the rest and that it didn't necessarily have to be divided equally.

17) Can a player with 1 prestige (the lowest possible) willingly take actions that reduce their prestige when they have no prestige to lose? For example, upon destroying a resource the player loses 2 prestige. Hypothetically can a player with 1 prestige travel around destroying Resources without penalty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Nash
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
I'm just another player, but I can answer at least a couple of these:

12) If you've spent all four weeks during the party exploit phase, can you willingly take Week Penalty Chips to take more actions?

Nope.

13) Can cards that don't specify a phase or sub-phase and do not say "anytime" be played at anytime? Specifically the "Bars of Gold" spoils card, it does not specify when it is played. Can you hypothetically play it to claim a resource, play another card to retrieve it from the discard pile, and then play it again to claim a resource again on the same turn?

I'm not familiar with that particular card, but it seems to me that'd be a totally legitimate play.

14) Melee Weapons Only Skill Checks aside. When rolling for Combat skill check do you gain the benefits from all equipped weapons? For example can a character use all weapons both melee and ranged or are they supposed to declare which weapon type they wish to use? Furthermore, is there a limit to the amount of weapons that a character can use? For example, if a character has four Ranged Weapons equipped, a Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Submachine Gune, and a Handgun, do they gain the combat bonus from each one or is there a limit?

Weight is the only limit to the number of weapons you can carry/use. If you want to load a character up with 7 weapon cards, every single one of 'em counts in combat skill checks. (The downside is that you'll be weak in other skills.)

15) When the "War Wagon" spoils card is drawn, gain 2 character cards. Can you swap these characters into your party or do they immediately go to your town?

You can swap them immediately, as stated on Page 11.

16) A card was played in our last game, I forget which type of card or the text exactly, but the card said to take all of another player's salvage and divide it amongst the rest of the players. Must the salvage be divided equally? The player who played the card argued that he could give the other players all one salvage and keep the rest and that it didn't necessarily have to be divided equally.

I'd argue that the intent is an equal split between all other parties. Screw that guy.

17) Can a player with 1 prestige (the lowest possible) willingly take actions that reduce their prestige when they have no prestige to lose? For example, upon destroying a resource the player loses 2 prestige. Hypothetically can a player with 1 prestige travel around destroying Resources without penalty?

I don't see anything about it in the rule book, but I'd make 'em go into negative numbers. I'd use the Town Health track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.