Evan Griffiths
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I Understand the Light/Heavy Cover rule for ranged attacks across scenery (page 34 rule book)...

But, does this still apply if the attacker is situated directly behind a car/barrier and is shooting out at a target that is out in the open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilevan wrote:
So I Understand the Light/Heavy Cover rule for ranged attacks across scenery (page 34 rule book)...

But, does this still apply if the attacker is situated directly behind a car/barrier and is shooting out at a target that is out in the open?

Yes, as long as the shooting sight is obstructed by scenery between shooter and target, cover rules apply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilevan wrote:

I am just getting into the game. I've only started reading rules and painting miniatures, so take my response with a grain of salt. I may be unaware of some additional rule trumping my response.

On page 15 of the rulebook, it states "When a ranged attack is made, trace a straight line between the attacker and the target, and take note of any scenery that falls even partially beneath that line. Scenery in contact with the shooter is not counted."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Griffiths
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I didn't spot that bit.... Makes much more thematic sense!.. 😃

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.