Subject: Large Open Board Gaming Day in Edinburgh 7th October rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks

Edinburgh Board Gamers are holding their next bigger open board gaming day on Saturday 7th October.

Same Schedule as usual:
10:30am - 4pm at the Grassmarket Community Centre (86 Candlemaker Row, EH1 2QA - Basically at the little roundabout in the grassmarket),

followed by:
5:00pm - Close at the Kilderkin pub (Browns Close, 65 Canongate - Basically at the bottom of royal mile)

please sign up here if your interesting in joining us.
http://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Gamers/

For those unfamiliar with these events, we book a large community center hall for the morning/afternoon. This also has a number of smaller rooms we can use if we fill up. We then decamp off to The Kilderkin pub for a spot of pub gaming.

Theres two separate sign ups on the site as it essentially helps us know how many rooms/tables to book. Feel free to join for either or both depending on when your free.

It’s a socially focused event and there are typically a good number of lighter gaming to allow new people to try the hobby out but many experienced gamers will also bring and play the chunkier stuff. Its a great place to meet new folk, try out new games, get something heavier to the table, or even cut your teeth in a new hobby!

Were reliant on people to bring games if they can but of course if you don’t have a collection or cant bring stuff for whatever reason, many people will let you use theirs (please take care with them!).

Finally the café and pub let us use their facilities free of charge. So I encourage you to buy your food and drink from them to make sure were welcomed back again. We`ll also have our own donations tin out with a suggested donation of £1 that goes towards meetup site fees and occasional minor stationary costs – its entirely voluntary, no pressure or expectation at all from us but it is all very much appreciated can promise you!

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly D
Scotland
Edinburgh
EH17 8LA. Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I am away giving time to my other hobby 'golf' it's the first clash and if I hadn't already booked, paid and committed to the 3 days.....next time!

Have fun everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont worry Aly - there will be more. Were looking at Dec 9th for the next one if that helps.

Edit - (I think)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly D
Scotland
Edinburgh
EH17 8LA. Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Andy wrote:
Dont worry Aly - there will be more. Were looking at Dec 9th for the next one if that helps.

Edit - (I think)

Should be fine, considering we will be in the dark ages at that time of year with weather to match
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.