Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am enjoying this game, but the included rules (I have the English language edition) don't address the somewhat troubling issue of whether Contracts that get trashed to make upgrades should subsequently count as "completed Contracts" when fulfilling other contracts relying upon same.

Can you actually forgo Contracts in this manner, and if you can, since they would go into your used action card pile, would they later count as "completed Contracts?" It seems really obvious that the goal is to have Contracts ALWAYS be placed next to the board, and never used as upgrade fodder, but seeming and being clearly stated just aren't equivalent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my point of view the rules do not distinguish between "trashed" contracts or fulfilled contracts.
Both end up in the same pile of cards.

As a consequence I wouldn't distinguish them in the "count contract cards in your pile" contract either. Both count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a reasonable interpretation based on the action card generic rules taking precedence over the rules for Contracts, but a case could be made that the specific rules for Contracts (page 9 in the English rules) are poorly detailed. Although Ockham and all that....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it is certainly the case that the end of game cards don't care how their subjects got into the played pile, so I am happy to just apply the same rationale to contracts that require "completed" contracts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
There are already some threads on this. I basically wrote: Technically or literally those contracts should count while it certainly "feels wrong".

Would be interesting to know though, how the online implementation at yucata handles the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Marchetto
Italy
Latina
LT
flag msg tools
Why should you count them differently?
This game is already a mess without FAQ for each card, keeping track of contracts source would make it even hard to play live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
alphaom3ga wrote:
Why should you count them differently?
This game is already a mess without FAQ for each card, keeping track of contracts source would make it even hard to play live.

Put uncompleted discard contracts in the opposite direction on the bottom of your pile? Put them in a separate pile?

I'd imagine tracking this would be pretty easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.