Popular Tags: [View All]
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I really the first to post on this game?

My friend brought me back a copy from Germany. Just checking if anyone has seen or heard about an English version of the rules out there somewhere.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor JD wrote:

My friend brought me back a copy from Germany. Just checking if anyone has seen or heard about an English version of the rules out there somewhere.

Thanks!

Hallo!

Obviously - Yes - You are the first to post here - and I give 1 Geek Gold for that

Well I read a quite good commentary on "Spiel Box" about this game. Nice family game with - i.m.o. - superb graphics.
Co-Author is Wolfgang Kramer - author of "Expedition" (and other games) which has some resemblance to this game (Moving around the world, three roues available...).

I have ordered it yesterday and will glady translate any rules.

Greetings Reinhard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Reinhard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Mejor Juego de la Vida
Chile
Santiago
Region Metropolitana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested Reinhard, thank you!

Is it language independant?

Reinhard Sabel wrote:
Emperor JD wrote:

Thanks!

Hallo!

Obviously - Yes - You are the first to post here - and I give 1 Geek Gold for that

Well I read a quite good commentary on "Spiel Box" about this game. Nice family game with - i.m.o. - superb graphics.
Co-Author is Wolfgang Kramer - author of "Expedition" (and other games) which has some resemblance to this game (Moving around the world, three roues available...).

I have ordered it yesterday and will glady translate any rules.

Greetings Reinhard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. How playable is it in English with the amount of text on the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor JD wrote:
Good point. How playable is it in English with the amount of text on the cards?

I think this game is perfectly playable without knowledge of the German language (if You know the rules )

Here is why:

City Cards:
Text is just for Information concerning touristical intereting aspects of the respective City - it has NO influence on the game itself.
The only relevant Infos from a gamer's Point of view is the NAME OF THE CITY and the CITY POINT VALUE.
The first Point often will be only slightly different (i.e. German: "ROM", English: "ROME" etc.)
The second is a number - so no language dependancy at all.

Travel Cards (Variant):
These cards show a starting City, an arrow and a destination City. there is no German text except that the Cities are written in their German Version (see above). So not really any language dependancy.

The MAP itself has no relevant text - again except the Cities.
So in case You do not know, that MOSCOW is calles MOSKAU in German, this is irrelevant, because the City-Card AND the Map have the same Name for it.

I will post pics and more Infos soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news, thanks! I look forward to English rules and giving this game a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have uploaded my English rules translation earlier today, so it should be posted in the Files section shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.