Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) The situation is the Patriots have 2 Continentals, 2 active Militia, and 4 French Regulars in Massachusetts. Boston has one French Regular, nobody else, so Boston is under British Control.

The rulebook states; Stop moving groups into each destination once Rebellion Control is established." It also states; "If French Resources exceed 0 include as many French Regulars as possible in the moves."

So what would I move to establish control in Boston? I know for sure 1 Continental, but then would I move an active Militia, a French Regular, or both?

2)Two forts are in Georgia along with 3 underground Militia. There is 1 Indian in the Southwest. The rulebook states; "... leave an Active Patriot unit with each Patriot Fort..." But there are no active Patriot units.
So would I move 2 underground Militia to the Southwest ((rebellion control established) leaving one in Georgia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Boston is already under Rebellion Control unless there are British pieces there. French forces count towards Rebellion Control (see 1.7)

2. Without further study of the matter (I'm at work), I would agree with your assessment. The Militia are not active units, so therefore not subject to that part of the requirement. March two to SW to establish Rebellion Control.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:
1) The situation is the Patriots have 2 Continentals, 2 active Militia, and 4 French Regulars in Massachusetts. Boston has one French Regular, nobody else, so Boston is under British Control.

If as you write Boston had one French Regular and nothing else, it has Rebellion Control and therefore won't be a valid destination for the "take Control" bullet. I assume it had a British Regular instead?

Quote:
The rulebook states; Stop moving groups into each destination once Rebellion Control is established."
(emphasis added)

The "groups" in this quote are the same ones that were identified in the previous bullet. All Patriot (and possibly French) units that are able to move from one space without violating the specified restrictions constitute a single group, and move to the same destination. If the first group to enter a space gains Control there, no further groups from other origin spaces will go there; if it takes groups from 2 origin spaces to take Control then the 3rd group won't go there, etc.

(British March works in the same way. French and Indisn March does not care about groups.)

In your example, if Mass. is at Active Opposition you can March with all four Patriot units (since you will have to leave at least 2 French Regulars behind), otherwise you need to leave a Patriot unit behind as well. That gives the following possibilities:

* Mass. is at Active Opposition & French have Resources: Move all Patriots + 2 French Regulars
* Mass. is at Active Opposition but French Resources = 0: Move all Patriot units
* Mass. is not at Active Opp., French have Resources: Move 1 Militia + 2 Continentals + 2 French Regulars (note that both Continentals have to movd in order to bring as many Frenchies as possible!)
* Mass. is not at Active Opp., French Resources = 0: Move 3 Patriot units (given the last bullet of 8.1.2 that should be 2 Militia + 1 Continental, but the opposite combo would be OK too).

Quote:
2)Two forts are in Georgia along with 3 underground Militia. There is 1 Indian in the Southwest. The rulebook states; "... leave an Active Patriot unit with each Patriot Fort..." But there are no active Patriot units.
So would I move 2 underground Militia to the Southwest ((rebellion control established) leaving one in Georgia?

If Georgia is at Active Opposition all 3 Militia would leave; otherwise 2 Militia would leave.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes Oerjan, I messed up with the first question. It should be British regular - "1) The situation is the Patriots have 2 Continentals, 2 active Militia, and 4 French Regulars in Massachusetts. Boston has one French British Regular, nobody else, so Boston is under British Control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.