Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Session of The Dread Realm

Played solo, two handed.

Played the first three rounds playing out some allies, fighting the enemies I had and questing as much as I could without not being completly defenceless.

I manage to kill all the enemies engaged with me, and got 21 quest tokens on the quest (needed 18). And went to 2A&B.

Began to fight Daechanar.

My idea was to first defended with a Gondorian Spearman, so one of the two Sorcery cards in play could be discarded. I had two card in my hand that could take away another Sorcery cards, in case there was two more drawn thru shadow effects I still was safe.

BUT. Among the shadow cards were Sinister Dungeon. I needed to discard 2 cards from the encouter deck and resolve the "then revealed" effect on each Sorcery card. One of the cards was Dark Sorcery. Now I needed to discard one of the cards, because I had one copy in my discard pile. Oh no, now it was harder to get rid of those Sorcery cards.

But the next card I draw was a Ranger of the North, that then enter play can give two damage to an enemy.

Sweet. Gave it to Daechanar, and the other Sorcery was gone.

After the shadow cards it was my turn to fight. My fighters gave 17 damage to Daechanar (did not use Legolas here), and he was killed!!!

First time I killed that guy and could go to 3A&B.

Now I played a healer card. Healing all damage on Beorn. And did pay one mana from Glorfindel to heal one on Aragon.

Had to draw one more location from the deck, and did draw one that only had 1 quest point.

Now I did quest with every guy that could quest.

19 in total. Needed 20 (well needed 21 but 1 was alreay on there thru a card). So I did throw away a card thru Eowyns action. Now I had 20 and could escape, and win the senario.

I have now beaten all the senarios in The Lost Realm box and in the Angmar Awakened cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Tillinghast
United States
Cockeysville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won, so it doesn't really matter, but you made things harder on yourself with Dark Sorcery. Dark Sorcery only discards cards that are in play and under your control, the cards in your hand are safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ixiv wrote:
Dark Sorcery only discards cards that are in play and under your control, the cards in your hand are safe.

Ok. Have to check that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.