Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Malay
United States
Hanson
Massachusetts (MA)
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my No Rules Review channel over on YouTube for more quick, efficient reviews!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I see that the Bank allows for the retention of 10 coins. Are we limited to 5 prior to that? I saw this rule in the beginner variant rules, but could not find mention of it in the updated advance rules.

2. Market Action: Tithing. What is the cost? I see we put a white disc on the church when we've used it. What if we have multiple churches? Can we use it multiple times? And should the cost be the normal "1 plus white discs on churches?"

3. Market Action: Gather Grain. It says remove all discs to gain +2 food. I assume each gather grain action only removes one disc, and that once all are removed we gain +2 food, correct? As written, it would seem to imply we sweep the hex clear and gain the food, but that seems to make things too easy.

4. Market Action: Shipbuilding. Not really a question, more of a statement. I think the ordering of the sentences here could be improved. It first mentions removing all of the discs, then after that lets us know we remove one per action (as I assume the grain action does as well). This could be worded in a less confusing order.

5. Market Action: "The market action used for the token with the coin picture will gain $1 per face down tokens in the market (same as regular game)" I'm not really sure what this rule is trying to convey to me. I don't need to pay money for it? I still pay workers, correct?

6. Cleanup phase: No mention of removal of white discs here, but I know it's mentioned elsewhere. This is when they are removed, correct?

7. Runners Guild: It says "the cost to build an EXPLORER GUILD". I assume this is a typo? Or... no, must be a typo.

8. Overseers. Do they get removed when the work camp empties?

9. Movement. Is movement from the home tile with the well?

Thank you for the clarifications. My mind has been going over and over all the combinations since I finished my first play and I can't wait for this to click into place and dig into this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malayet2 wrote:
1. I see that the Bank allows for the retention of 10 coins. Are we limited to 5 prior to that? I saw this rule in the beginner variant rules, but could not find mention of it in the updated advance rules.
yes
Quote:

2. Market Action: Tithing. What is the cost? I see we put a white disc on the church when we've used it. What if we have multiple churches? Can we use it multiple times? And should the cost be the normal "1 plus white discs on churches?"
yes
Quote:

3. Market Action: Gather Grain. It says remove all discs to gain +2 food. I assume each gather grain action only removes one disc, and that once all are removed we gain +2 food, correct? As written, it would seem to imply we sweep the hex clear and gain the food, but that seems to make things too easy.
yes, removed one per action
Quote:

4. Market Action: Shipbuilding. Not really a question, more of a statement. I think the ordering of the sentences here could be improved. It first mentions removing all of the discs, then after that lets us know we remove one per action (as I assume the grain action does as well). This could be worded in a less confusing order.
noted
Quote:

5. Market Action: "The market action used for the token with the coin picture will gain $1 per face down tokens in the market (same as regular game)" I'm not really sure what this rule is trying to convey to me. I don't need to pay money for it? I still pay workers, correct?
yes, workers are normal cost, but no need to spend anything for the money gained.
Quote:

6. Cleanup phase: No mention of removal of white discs here, but I know it's mentioned elsewhere. This is when they are removed, correct?
yes
Quote:

7. Runners Guild: It says "the cost to build an EXPLORER GUILD". I assume this is a typo? Or... no, must be a typo.

noted
Quote:

yes
Quote:

yes
Quote:

Thank you for the clarifications. My mind has been going over and over all the combinations since I finished my first play and I can't wait for this to click into place and dig into this one!

Yes. That was answered correctly on all accounts.

I guess I can go a little more in detail.
the church is like all the others four as the max you would ever have to pay on it to use it but if you have churches it becomes cheaper.

Movement starts each round from the well, but after that the leader moves from the last place the leader is.

Overseers movement is always from the well, and get removed when finished, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Malay
United States
Hanson
Massachusetts (MA)
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my No Rules Review channel over on YouTube for more quick, efficient reviews!
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
malayet2 wrote:
yes
Quote:

yes
Quote:

yes, removed one per action
Quote:

noted
Quote:

yes, workers are normal cost, but no need to spend anything for the money gained.
Quote:

yes
Quote:

noted
Quote:

yes
Quote:

yes
Quote:

Yes. That was answered correctly on all accounts.

I guess I can go a little more in detail.
the church is like all the others four as the max you would ever have to pay on it to use it but if you have churches it becomes cheaper.

Movement starts each round from the well, but after that the leader moves from the last place the leader is.

Overseers movement is always from the well, and get removed when finished, yes.

Thank you. I think that is it for confusion on my part. Can't wait to get this to the table again. Thank you, Scott, for the great design! I want to make sure I have the solo rules down before I film a solo play for my youtube channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malayet2 wrote:

Thank you. I think that is it for confusion on my part. Can't wait to get this to the table again. Thank you, Scott, for the great design! I want to make sure I have the solo rules down before I film a solo play for my youtube channel.

Thank you. I'd love to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for those interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.