Four Towers» Forums » General

Subject: Four Towers Launching on Kickstarter September 26th! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Vernon
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Four Towers is an abstract strategy game with worker placement and territory control components with a fantasy theme.

Checkout the preview here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/denkengames/421588877?r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
https://goo.gl/C5XBZE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to say but although the illustrations look great and the gameplay may be nice, the ultra bright colours aren't exactly very immersive for a medieval themed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven T
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that. the illustrations look good, but you really should get a graphic designer to make the resulting boards and cards good, too. The game might be good, but i do have no interest to even look at the rules if what I get looks like a prototype lay-outed by the designer in MS Word.

Cancel the campaign, get a graphic designer to make it look awesome (even just a few example pieces) and then simply ask a bit more money during your next KS.

In any case. good luck.

PS: And don't waste money on BGG advertisement for as long as the game looks like it could use the extra cash elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Eifler
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
I agree on the graphic design arguments.

I also could not find any shipping information on the kickstarter page. Without that I will not back a project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
I think at this point, it might be good to pull the campaign, and maybe look at re-tooling some things both about the game as well as the campaign itself. It's not about listening to every single comment and making that change, but more the overall picture. Plenty of campaigns have done this to an ultimate rousing success.

The campaign has been running almost exactly one month and there's only one comment and one update. I'm not saying you have to have hourly check-ins, but part of kickstarter is the build-up and ramp-up as well as the sustained steam during the campaign run. Granted, some of that is our of your control and based solely on the game itself, but creators do have some influence over how they engage with their backers during the campaign. Just some food for thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.