Subject: Morale Center and Splicing Lab rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Montgomery
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Can morale center move workers off of the splicing lab?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Brewer
Belgium
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
You can never remove workers off the Splicing lab! You can only remove workers on a built module in the station, IF you have a sufficient amount of Claws spliced on (1 claw for workers wiht one or no component, two claws for workers with two or three componenets attached to them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Brewer wrote:
You can never remove workers off the Splicing lab! You can only remove workers on a built module in the station, IF you have a sufficient amount of Claws spliced on (1 claw for workers wiht one or no component, two claws for workers with two or three componenets attached to them).

Pretty sure there was a previous ruling that workers could be recalled from the Splicing Lab, but not displaced. Which is an important distinction. The rules for claws say that workers in the Splicing Lab (and Worker Lounge) cannot be displaced, but doesn't specifically say anything about moving them through other means.

To clarify the OP's question: The Morale Center doesn't use the "displace" wording, so it's unclear if it is usable on workers in the Splicing Lab. Are you saying that we should treat the Morale Center as if it said "displace 2 workers," or should there be errata to the effect that workers can never be moved from the Splicing Lab? (I don't think that text exists in the rulebook - I couldn't find it, but maybe I missed it?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Game Brewer wrote:

Pretty sure there was a previous ruling that workers could be recalled from the Splicing Lab, but not displaced. Which is an important distinction. The rules for claws say that workers in the Splicing Lab (and Worker Lounge) cannot be displaced, but doesn't specifically say anything about moving them through other means.

To clarify the OP's question: The Morale Center doesn't use the "displace" wording, so it's unclear if it is usable on workers in the Splicing Lab. Are you saying that we should treat the Morale Center as if it said "displace 2 workers," or should there be errata to the effect that workers can never be moved from the Splicing Lab? (I don't think that text exists in the rulebook - I couldn't find it, but maybe I missed it?)

Treat the Morale Center as if it said "displace 2 workers."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Seth, can you displace the worker that activated the morale center to re-free it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nevermind - found it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.