Popular Tags: [View All]
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Barrage Podcast
mbmbmb
Mist has an Aurora prepped, uses it to gain a charge, then uses her charged Exalted Brand ability to cast Aurora, putting it back in her hand. If she then preps it again, can she use the "while prepped" trigger a second time to gain another charge?

In fact, can you use multiple Auroras to gain multiple charges?

How often is "once per turn" in the context of multiple cards/plays/preps?

The ability says "cast up to three different spells" - can you cast multiple copies of the same spell?

Apologies if this is covered in the rules somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist + Aurora: Resolve "While prepped" twice?
If Mist's ability allowed her to place spells cast from it into her hand, then yes - you would be able to use the 'while prepped' part of Aurora each time you prep it.

Mist's ability specifies that the spells must be placed into an ally's hand and she is not her own ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Arnold
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
qxc0 wrote:
If Mist's ability allowed her to place spells cast from it into her hand, then yes - you would be able to use the 'while prepped' part of Aurora each time you prep it.

Mist's ability specifies that the spells must be placed into an ally's hand and she is not her own ally.

You are your own ally in solo play, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:

OH MY GOD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Okay, so, assuming a two player game: If Mist casts one of MY spells, must it go back into my hand? Or into hers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It always must go into a player's hand who is not Mist, regardless of the player who prepped it.

In solo, Mist is indeed her own ally and may use Aurora in this way to re-prep it multiple times per turn for massive charge gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Great! Thank you for the replies, Kevin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
To generalize, cards have no memory. If a spell is cast and returns to your hand, it's essentially a new spell if you prep it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah, that was our interpretation, but it seemed way too generous ... when we were totally misreading Mist's ability.

And just so I'm 100% clear on these:

Three prepped Auroras give me three charges a turn?

Mist's ability text that says "three different spells" doesn't mean three different named spells, right? So I COULD cast three prepped Auroras?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you could cast 3 of the same spell. They do not need to have different names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Great! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.