Subject: Best expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are everyone's thoughts on the best expansion to add to this game? Also please state why you think so. I'd like to add some variety to the game but also keep it from getting "clumsy"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think tools of hero kind adds a lot to the game without having a ton of extra cards. Each item gives a hero in town a special ability a d if you defeat them your boss gets a special ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For more variety of the same I'd recommend shuffling together Boss Monster 1 and 2, but you may already have done this. Expansions wise, I prefer Crash Landing and Paper & Pixels over the two item expansions (Tools of Hero-Kind and Implements of Destruction). I find the latter two more "fiddly" than CL and PP, as they expand the required table space for heroes and scoring areas and add things to keep aware of. For the items expansions you should also only opt for Implements of Destruction if you are already using Crash Landing. Paper & Pixels might appear fiddly but as long as you have some tokens and a dice ready it's really rather a fun little addition.

Edit: as a summary my preferred purchase order would be both core decks followed by Crash Landing (lots of flavour), Paper & Pixels, Implements of Destruction and then finally Tools of Hero-Kind (reversing the last two if you've skipped Crash Landing for whatever reason).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting...I already have the P&P expansion and liked the new gameplay mechanics ...I guess this means Crash Landing would best accompany that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks would be my preference. However I know many (such as Joe above) really like the items expansions also and he's right to. Ultimately as long as you buy Crash Landing before Implements of Destruction you can't really go wrong. (I don't think there are any item-based bosses/rooms/spells in Crash Landing, but I might be wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.