Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does it make sense to use different card sleeve colors for the level 1/2/3 nemesis ability cards (for easier sorting), given you know how many of each there are in the deck (and in what order) when you build it, or do they ever get shuffled together (such as by some game effect), in which case they all need the have the same sleeve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can safely do that. There is not even a variant where you would shuffle tiers, and it would prevent your acceidentally shuffling them (like I once did).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only negative is that it will give you a heads up when the game is about to get more difficult. Of course, you could do that already by card counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"All my favorite foods have butter on them. Pancakes, toast, popcorn, grapes...butter is my favorite food!"
mbmbmbmbmb
my gut reaction is that you shouldn't do it.

but I can't articulate why. There's no rules that prevent it, I suppose. If it works out for you, do it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's one scenario where a level 2 nemesis card gets shuffled into the Horde Crone's Trogg deck but they have different backs already so it's not really a big deal, it would just be more pronounced than with clear sleeves or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorkPassenger wrote:
There's one scenario where a level 2 nemesis card gets shuffled into the Horde Crone's Trogg deck but they have different backs already so it's not really a big deal, it would just be more pronounced than with clear sleeves or something.

Mh that card is discarded to the Nemesis discard, not to the Trogg discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
klakak wrote:
The only negative is that it will give you a heads up when the game is about to get more difficult. Of course, you could do that already by card counting.

Card counting is expected though. Carapace Queen is a good example, the phase 2 transition is where husks suddenly become relevant, if you don't keep track of when that's about to happen you don't know when to transition from setting up to blasting husks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
klakak wrote:

Card counting is expected though. Carapace Queen is a good example, the phase 2 transition is where husks suddenly become relevant, if you don't keep track of when that's about to happen you don't know when to transition from setting up to blasting husks.

Pfff counting is for wussies. Just blast everything and ask questions later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.